Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connecting...

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Not connecting...

Hi,
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing problems with the 'net this morning?
Since about 10:20 I've been unable to connect tho' RouterStats tell me I'm connected at 5152...
My router re-synced a couple of times this morning (courtesy of yours truly - don't ask...).  It could be pure co-incidence of course.  I have known a browser to give problems but neither Firefox nor IE will play, also I'm unable to download my mail.
I do have a wireless connection via local ISP (still maintain that one as my grand daughter uses it and she has no landline otherwise I'd get her connected via PP).
Everything works OK via wireless so presume PP have (had?) a problem...
john
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Not connecting...

Hi John,
Looking at our connection logs, there were 4 "ended" connections at the time that you're referring to, but it appears to be connected fine now.
I'm afraid that I'm not sure what the actual problem would have been, but I hope that everything is now fine.
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Hi Jameseh,
> I hope that everything is now fine.
No, seems the problem is still there 11.30am
(using 'tother isp to reply...)
John
James
Grafter

Okay, that's quite peculiar.
I've had a quick check and can see no references from BT of any known problems in your area.
It might be an idea to try doing a factory reset of your router and reconfiguring it.  Also to try powering it down for 20 minutes or so.
If that doesn't help, I'd definitely recommend raising a fault via http://faults.plus.net
PNnewbie
Rising Star

Jameseh,
Thanks for the advice.
I connected to the router and re-booted and - hey presto - all is ok again!!!
Only problem is that it has re-synced at 6112 with a noise margin of 5.0dB.
Now I 'know' that come late afternoon the noise margin will drop by a few dB and the router will re-sync - probably a couple of megs down at least...
Maybe I should use DMT and try and 'tickle' it a bit - I normally find that I can run at around 5 megs but any higher and I re-sync mid to late afternoon when the line gets noisy.
Thanks Jameseh,
John