cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my usage not availble because I have a legacy account??? Don't think so...

sourceit
Grafter

View my usage not availble because I have a legacy account??? Don't think so...

Hi
I used to be a PlusNet Business Option 2 customer and on the FTTC Fibre trial which it came out.  VMBU worked fine.  Then in the latter part of last year, it suddenly stopped working.  At that point I was too busy to contact PN to get it fixed.  However in February this year, I contacted PN only to be told that:-
"Thank you for your patience, Our back end team have advised the rout cause of the issue is you are on a legacy account which does not support view my broadband usage as it predates this feature. The best way to fix this would be to upgrade to one of our newer products. This would likely save you money too as even our un-contracted product may be more beneficial."
At this point I told them this was rubbish and that it was working fine and then just stopped.  I was then told again:-
"As previously discussed our networks team have advised that this is a legacy account and does not show your visual usage. I can only advise to call in to our customer options team and upgrade your account, I can see you are on a very old package and paying a very high price, I can guarantee that when you upgrade you will be paying far less than what you are now and for unlimited data, also you will be given the visual usage tool."
So I thought, let's get going and finally switch from PN Business Account to Residential Account as I wasn't running the business anymore.  (Very painful process and I don't recommend anyone else doing it!)
The first step was to switch me to a legacy Broadband Your Way Option 4 40Gb account (very legacy) and low and behold, stats appeared and all the previous 3 months as well.  This was just so they could switch to a residential account.  Then my account was moved to Unlimited Fibre and then Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Guess what, I don't have any VMBU stats anymore.  Is this a legacy account now - NO.
What annoys me more is that on a chat with PN's website, the agent asked, "Why do you want it?  Your account is unlimited."  This is understandable but I want to know what the account is being used for.  Is someone using it for more than it should be..
Your product has the ability to view your usage, but you don't want that option because you're unlimited.  I bet if I started downloading 1Tb of data across my line it wouldn't be unlimited then!
I have two simple requests.  1) Make my View My Broadband Usage work, and 2) Stop trying to fob off customers.  We are not all Facebook, YouTube, internet shopping, simple users.  Some of us know what is going on.  Having run my own IT company for 10 years and been with PN for 12 years.
Sort this out please  Angry
Ref ticket # 118512624
Thanks
Ben