cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon firestick

mitchbase
Dabbler

amazon firestick

Not sure what forum to start this but i can't find any answers anywhere. Amazon firestick when plugged into tv comes on for about 2 minutes then can't connect to internet, it can find the wi-fi, technicolour fibre, but will says no internet connection. Also nothing else will connect, pc, laptop and phones all lose connection till the firestick is turned off. Any ideas? thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
bubblegum57

Re: amazon firestick

Have tried to turn off ALL other devices using the internet, before plugging in the stick?
Try a different usb port for the power, or better still use a double usb connector, to get extra power. I know the stick only has a single usb input.
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

I don't have a firestick or technicolour router so this is just a guess - but does it use/need multicast capability in the router?
The lack of any other device being able to access the wireless sounds a bit like a multicast signal swamping the wireless channel. I had the same issue with PlusNetTV - Wireless connectivity vanished whenever I accessed an internet channel. Adjusting the router (mine's a Billion) settings fixed it.
Have a look at the lights on the router while the system is misbehaving - does there seem to be a huge amount of traffic? Your router may need settings adjusted to permit multicast.
If you tell the forum which specific Router you have, someone may be along who has the necessary technical knowledge.

bubblegum57

I assume you have put in the correct wireless key?