cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone – no broadband – what a cockup…

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

No phone – no broadband – what a cockup…

I’ve been with Plusnet for ~8 years and bought a couple of new customers over.  After years of ADSL I thought I’d treat myself to fibre.  To make my billing simpler I’d decided to move my line and call package from BT across to Plusnet at the same time.  According to Plusnet BT can’t accept two orders at the same time so they cancelled the landline/calls order and went ahead with installing fibre.  Surely Plusnet should have known that they could not place two orders together, I can’t believe that I’m their first customer ever to order fibre and line/calls at the same time? 
The ADSL to fibre transition went reasonably well eventually – apart from the BT Engineer not turning up for the first visit and never bothering to inform us.  Presumably I will be able to charge Openreach £50 for not attending – that’s what they could have charged me if I wasn’t around when they called… The appointment was re-scheduled and the Engineer (two of them) arrived and fibre was eventually installed.

The order for the line and the call package was then placed on BT by Plusnet. 
A couple of days ago I noticed I had no broadband.  I checked my Ethernet cable then the phone, dialling tone ok. Using 17070 I was surprised to hear that my ‘circuit was defined as xxxxx xxx789’, whereas my number for the last ~40 years has been xxxxx xxx655.  My number had been changed, the last six numbers had been changed.  During my checking I also found that I could not receive any calls, I’d already been told by a couple of people that they’d previously called and there appeared to be a problem but I’d not thought much of fit.
I've spoken to 4 different people at Plusnet the last couple of days trying to find out what is happening.  They are all very nice and pleasant but seem to be singing from different hymn sheets and no one appears to be aware of what the previous person has said. One person said fibre will be back in a couple of days, possibly a few hours, it didn’t happen and when I called later and spoke to someone else I was told it will take nearer two weeks.  I will also apparently need to be home when the Engineer calls to change the faceplate, I patiently explained that I was already on fibre until they cocked things up and that an Engineer had already been here and already changed the faceplate to which the Plusnet replied… ‘Oh’.
Plusnet freely admit that this is of their own doing and all they can do is apologise.  Admitting it’s your fault and saying sorry is one thing but unfortunately that doesn’t help me, I’m going to be without broadband – and with a phone with the wrong number for weeks.  It appears someone at Plusnet ‘may’ have booked a new line – instead of just bringing my original line across from BT.  Consequently I have lost my number and my broadband.
Basically it seems that I will have to wait approximately a fortnight to have fibre connected – to the new number the wrong number.  My phone number will still be wrong so that will need to be changed to my original correct number which will mean no service.  I’m told the fibre will then have to be reconnected to my old number so presumably another fortnight’s wait.
The best they could offer is the suggestion that I go out and buy a dongle !!!
What makes it worse is ‘er indoors’ did say – leave things as they are, everything’s working as it should now, you’ll never know what will happen if you go and change things.…I wish I’d listened.
Now I may only be able to access this forum intermittently via my daughter's broadband but if anyone from Plusnet reads this PLEASE appreciate my position and  try and do something to rescue the situation – a situation of your own making – ASAP PLEASE.
You have my mobile number should you need to contact me.
1 REPLY 1
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: No phone – no broadband – what a cockup…

No one from Plusnet going to comment ?