cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting

Ian22
Dabbler

Re: Hosting

Thanks Bob Pullen. I will try with Cute in a week or so when I have time .
Ian22
Dabbler

I have got Cute but am not yet ready to publish .
I am thinking of giving up on Sitespinner and now also on 1&1  and have ordered an up to date book on HTML5 .
My plan is so simple that the editors are perhaps just getting in the way .
When I first saw my website there was a link at the foot  to Plusnet instructions . Can you give me the link again so that I can read them and make notes or perhaps print them out ?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Not sure exactly what you're after but there's an article about using CuteFTP here. If you use the search facility on that site you'll find a few other references to FTP too.
Failing that, there's some help guides on the main Plusnet website.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ian22
Dabbler

I did try with cute but gave up . I have tried to publish elsewhere and have also been distracted by a broken leg . Now I have had an e-mail  from India from Rathul Kumar    rathul@alltoit.com      . MacAfee says his website is not a threat so I have  e-mailed him back . He says he can provide a validated website in HTML5 andCSS3 . I hope he can work on SpringbankPerth.co.uk without going further into my Plusnet . I presume he will have to access the restrictions and other technical information through me ( not being a subscriber himself ) . Does the Plusnet arrangement with MacAfee cover the website ? 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Again, I'm not overly sure what you're asking I'm afraid. I would probably avoid giving your FTP login credentials to a third party though, given that this would essentially give them carte blanche access to your Plusnet account.
Regarding our arrangement with McAfee, I'm assuming you're referring to Plusnet Protect? Assuming you are, that has nothing to do with the web servers used to host customers' website content.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ian22
Dabbler

Bob Pulen . Thank you for the warning . I will not go ahead and compromise my security ,