cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casual attitude to connection problem

stevedm
Hooked

Casual attitude to connection problem

Spent half hour on phone to Plusnet support yesterday morning confirming that my broadband was kaput despite using 3 separate routers and a brand new Plusnet router/filter/wire combination in the test socket.
They booked an engineer for me which I went out of my way to be around for (usual 8-1 slot).
Unfortunately BT sent a telephone engineer who knew nothing about broadband.
Rather than immediately kick themselves and send around someone appropriate, they file their notes and nothing happens till *I* Plusnet call again and ask for further assistance.
And I am no further ahead, with the possibility that my broadband will be out for 5 days before the next possible appointment due to them being unable to work weekends.
Apparently broadband is not a guaranteed service according to Plusnet!
Apparently cancelling things to wait in for half a day counts for nothing - you are still at the bottom of the list for service call-outs if they foul up.
In my three months as a plusnet customer there have been two foul ups both blamed on BT and both requiring me to pick up the pieces. Does anyone take ownership of problems at Plusnet?
4 REPLIES 4
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Casual attitude to connection problem

Morning stevedm
Thank so much for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered and for letting us know.
I'm currently speaking with out faults team regarding this and will request that someone updates your fault ticket shortly to advise what is happening.
Many thanks
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
All4One
Grafter

Quote from: stevedm

Apparently broadband is not a guaranteed service according to Plusnet!

It does state this in the terms and all service providers will no doubt have the same spiel  Undecided

Quality of Service
7. We aim to provide a continuous, high-quality service but we do not guarantee either the quality of the service or that the service will be available at all times. From time to time faults in the service may occur. We will repair these faults as soon as we can.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

And the reason for that is BT do not consider data (broadband) as a prime service, rather it is an asset (adjunct) to the phone line.
BT consider (relatively speaking) a down phone line a priority but dead broadband not a priority.  There is next to nothing ISPs can do about that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi stevedm.
I've spoken with faults and they have advised that no fault has been found upon testing the line. You've updated the ticket this morning advising that the service is now working. Did you change any settings with the router?
Many thanks
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team