Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Good evening DC.
I've just picked up your ticket(s) and placed your order for you now.  Smiley
Feel free to reply to the ticket if there's any problems
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tigercook
Dabbler

Hi Matty, any luck with my install date? just have the family asking, thanks in advance.
hkdotcom

Hi, FTTP is available to me but no FTTC is planned in my area according to BT wholesale. I think I have signed up to the FTTP trial on ticket number 88660623. Can you please advise what happens next? I am stuck on a 0.5mb connection and work from home as a freelance web developer. Painful stuff!
Many thanks
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

tigercook - You have a business account, so I'm unable to pick it up personally I'm afraid. However I will give someone in that department a nudge on the shoulder.
Hi hkdotcom - I have sent you an update but it's looking like bad news unfortunately.
tigercook
Dabbler

Hi Matty, Please could you give them another nudge, apparently Bt wholesale have cancelled my/the order?
Question #87958033
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: tigercook
Hi Matty, Please could you give them another nudge, apparently Bt wholesale have cancelled my/the order?
Question #87958033

Yeah I had a gent with a similar problem beforehand and I think I've found a resolution for it.
I'll let them know for you anyway.
tigercook
Dabbler

Hi Matty, BT have cancelled the order again do you know what's going on?
slinkyuk

Hi Matty,
I've been advised to order plusnet ADSL and then you can put me on the FTTP trial after that is activated?  I have green simplex fibre connector coming into my property from a previous install however the BT NTE hasnt been left.  Can you progress a order for FTTP for me?  Is 76mb the fastest available speed as BT are offering 200 or 300mbits but I dont really want to go with them as their cost is rediculous.
My plusnet account id is onenoon
Henryb

My line speed is listed at 300mbps but I am not able to get beyond 100mbps on speed test sites, do I need to request a change in order to use up to 300mbps?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@henryb
Plusnet changed everyone on fttp to have a line speed of 300Mbps. However the speed you get depends upon when you joined the fttp trial. Plusnet have now set the product speeds independent of the line speed.
For myself, I can only get  80/20. Some people are on 100/xx (cannot remember what the up speed is) and some on 300.
They are not however switching people up a speed band. Just matching the FTTC speeds of 80/20 and 40/20 now.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Henryb

@georgelnx
Thank you for the info, I joined quite some time ago on the 100/30 or it may have been 100/25. Just wondered if it was a straightforward process to open up the connection to 300mbps.
Thanks again, Henryb
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
slinkyuk; thanks for getting in touch with me. We have discussed your order via PM and I'll place your order for you on Wednesday hopefully.
Henry b; Good afternoon.
FTTP can support speeds up to 330Mbps, at the moment we offer 40Mbps or 80Mbps to match our FTTC speed and pricing.
However, there's a few end users who got on the trial years ago when there was very limited availability of the product who will probably still be experiencing speeds of 330mbps. As georgelnx said, it will probably depend upon when you joined the trial.
jamsey66
Rising Star

Could someone tell me why I have had no fibre since July 2014 and all questions I have asked recently have not been answered, Although am on ADSL so have some speed a fault taking this long to fix is not really acceptable.
James  Angry
AndyH
Grafter

Need more info - what happened? someone must have told you something?
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Copy of the fault/question, any help would be very much appreciated
Regards
James

[INTERNAL]
FTTP Service NSC issue
PON light on FTTP Openreach modem is flashing & KBD is confirming NSC, however asset is showing as ADSL2+.
Tags confirm service live, inventory check in eco+ again shows ADSL2+ asset.
CLT: Pass
TAM: Not run
All cables correctly connected.
Problem Explanation: [HE19] End User equipment issue.
Resolution/Recommendation: CP Diagnostic resolved the problem. KBD tests indicate no BTW network fault. Do not report to BTW.

Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
6:24am, Wednesday 25 Jun 2014
[INTERNAL]
Assigning to Products team due to ongoing trial.

Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Your Response
7:44pm, Wednesday 25 Jun 2014
Returned home tonight and swapped router for PlusNet supplied Fibre router, NO Internet light on router and Openreach modem PON still flashing, the same problem was reported when initially installed and a engineer had to sync at the exchange, hope this helps.
Any idea when this will be fixed as I am having to piggyback on a neighbours wireless and i run a IT Support business from home
Kind Regards
James
Your Response
10:57pm, Wednesday 25 Jun 2014
I have as a quick fix enabled old router on Phone line whilst the problem with fibre is sorted
Kind Regards
James
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
8:12pm, Thursday 26 Jun 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
Thank you for getting back to us and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to yourself.
I have checked your FTTP order today and this is still open and has never closed, this is why you are having trouble with the service.
We will need to contact our suppliers to find out what is happening with the order but they are closed at this time. We will contact them for you tomorrow.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 27th June at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:08am, Friday 27 Jun 2014
Question [ 87605062 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
Your Response
11:06pm, Sunday 29 Jun 2014
Hi any news on this problem
Kind Regards
James
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
3:18pm, Monday 30 Jun 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
Thank you for getting back to us.
The reason of the problems with your FTTP service is that there is a fault on the line running from the exchange to your property. Our suppliers are currently trying to locate where this fault is located before they can fix it.
We have been advised to contact them again in a week, but in the meantime, your ADSL service is still connected so you should be able to use this.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
This Question is now on hold until Monday 7th July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
7:06am, Monday 7 Jul 2014
Question [ 87605062 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
Your Response
11:24pm, Thursday 10 Jul 2014
Hi
any updates on this fault
Regards
James
Your Response
10:18pm, Saturday 12 Jul 2014
Hi
any updates on this fault
Regards
James
Matthew Cassell - Complaints - Customer Services
4:20pm, Tuesday 15 Jul 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
I am sorry for keeping you so long.
I have chased up your old order with our suppliers and we are still awaiting an update. A track and locate engineer has been assigned to your job which we expect to fix the problem. We are expecting an update in 48 hours.
As this is taking us too long to resolve, I ensured that this case was escalated to management level.
My apologies for the delay.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 17th July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Matthew Cassell
****INTERNAL****
Confirmed by Sandra.
2-91264025769 - old open order
7:06am, Thursday 17 Jul 2014
10:02am, Friday 18 Jul 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
As per my voicemail message,
Unfortunately we are still waiting on a resolution to this fault. The next review date we have been given is for Monday. My apologies for the delay in getting this resolved.
This Question is now on hold until Monday 21st July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Matthew Cassell
7:05am, Monday 21 Jul 2014
Your Response
11:02pm, Tuesday 22 Jul 2014
Any Updates on this, Nearly 4 weeks now
Regards
James
2:39pm, Wednesday 23 Jul 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
Thank you for your patience.
Your account is currently with BT's senior operations manager for London and South as basically your order was signed off but there were no closure notes.
I'll make sure that the whilst you are only receiving ADSL speeds, you will pay the standard price of ADSL broadband, so I will be refunding you once the service is back to normal.
I have gotten someone in BT Wholesale to get in touch with the relevant department, as they weren't responding whilst I was on the phone this afternoon. Hopefully we should have an update soon.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 25th July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
Matthew Cassell
7:07am, Friday 25 Jul 2014
Mark Torevell - CSC Analyst
4:06pm, Wednesday 30 Jul 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
I have checked with our suppliers today and a senior faults engineer has been assigned today to try and fix the fault and we should have a further update tomorrow.
We will check your order again tomorrow.
This Question is now on hold until Thursday 31st July at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[Sms Message: I have checked with our suppliers today and a senior faults engineer has been assigned today to try and fix the fault and we should have a further update tomorrow.
We will check your order again tomorrow.]
7:07am, Thursday 31 Jul 2014
Mark Torevell - CSC Analyst
3:41pm, Friday 8 Aug 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
We are still waiting for an update on the fault so I will place this ticket on hold until Monday when we will check this again for you.
This Question is now on hold until Monday 11th August at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
7:06am, Monday 11 Aug 2014
Your Response
8:14pm, Thursday 14 Aug 2014
Obviously nothing is happening with this fault with BT so I am now turning the open-reach equipment off, this has been ongoing for months now, Surely the solution is to close the order, and reschedule a new install date at BT's cost.
Regards
James
Your Response
11:11pm, Friday 22 Aug 2014
Can you tell me what is happening with this, can I expect fibre or will I have to stick with adsl
Regards
James
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
2:52pm, Tuesday 26 Aug 2014
Dear Mr Hancock,
Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying.
Our suppliers are still working on the fault on your line and this is more complex than they initially thought. They are still working on this and the manager of the department that deals with the fault is looking after this now. We should have more updates tomorrow.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 27th August at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
7:07am, Wednesday 27 Aug 2014
Your Response
9:27pm, Monday 1 Sep 2014
Hi, I would have thought a engineer visit would be needed to my home as the fault could lie here, there has been no contact from BT to myself regarding this ongoing fault
Regards
James
Your Response
9:57pm, Monday 15 Sep 2014
Is there any update on this fault
jim:csa