cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency and terribly upstream speed.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: High latency and terribly upstream speed.

We've had a look and it looks like the disconnections are due to it dropping sync. That doesn't help us identify the exact location of where it's losing sync so it could be anywhere between the router and the exchange. It looks like this will need raising to our suppliers by our Faults team and they will then carry out a thorough investigation.
markszita
Dabbler

That's the exact same problem i was having with talktalk. the router i had with them had a
sync light and pip on the summary screen so then i knew it was because the sync was
dropping. The investigated through their network team twice to no avail.
I've seen a lot of openreach vans in the area for a couple of months, could it be the work
they are doing? although surely that would not have been for 6 months or so?.
I'll go do the faults thing.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Mark,
Unfortunately some faults can be hard to locate.  If they cannot be located, they cannot be fixed.  Given that you have seen the same problem on two different routers across two different suppliers, I'd take the view that the problem is quite likely to be in the BTOR circuit to the exchange.
If it is a bad joint, the problem might not be seen when BTOR go looking for it.  have you noticed if the problem is worse on wet days?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markszita
Dabbler

Tonight has been the worst for quite some time.. maybe upto 12 DCs in the last hour and half. It's bone dry outside.
up until last night all i had was lag spikes in the evening, could be related to the changes made to uncap my US?
the DCs have always been fairly random through the day, with higher frequency in the evening. i can't see any pattern
with regards to weather.
markszita
Dabbler

OH, there have also been a good few occasions in the past where recieving a phone call would cause
the sync loss and DC. that has not specifically happened this evening, although i have not had a phone
call since mid day when the line is a little more stable.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that your fault has been logged, thank you for that.
Our Faults team will carry out the necessary tests and will be back in touch as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on Ticket: 84679435 for any further updates.