cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of support issue (now resolved, thanks to all)

caroline1
Dabbler

Lack of support issue (now resolved, thanks to all)

What has happened to the legendery PlusNet support ?
Raised a fault ticket on line Thursday afternoon, 31/10/13, absolutely nothing heard to date.
I have been totally without BB since Sunday 27/10/13, OK I did not report the issue until Thursday, can't blame PN for that, even so, would have expected some response since reporting.
My issue is that the BT fiber modem DSL LED is out, usual things tried, soft / hard re-boots, periodically tries to synch., DSL LED flashing but gives up and returns to DSL LED out.
My brother has swapped over our BT fiber modems on a trial basis, same service, same exchange, different "green box", my modem works perfectly at his location, his modem exibits exactly the same characteristics on my line, ie. no BB connection.
Phone service is perfect.
The PN contact phone lines are really bad at present, at least 30 min's. waiting time, can't afford that just now so not much help there.
Anyone any suggestions how I can get some action on this issue ?
Caroline R.
14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Lack of support issue

Caroline,
welcome to the forums.
Given that you can access the forums, go log in to the user portal with your account and run the line fault tests.
Those tests do not need to be run from your line.  The test knows the line associated with the account.  If there is a line fault, this will get your ball rolling.
If you need guidance, try reading the sticky posts at the top of this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caroline1
Dabbler

Many thanks for your response Townman,
Unfortunately I have absolutely no BB access at all on my phone line as reported, can not run any tests of any description, I have "migrated" to my dad's house this morning, a long time PN user, to try and get some movement on my fault issue, hence the BB connection.
Obviously, from the substitution tests already carried out on the BT fiber modem as reported and the total lack of DSL synch. LED it would appear that this is a BT line fault, the modem is mounted directly @ the master socket by the way so no potential extension issues to eliminate.
It would just be nice to have some feedback on the fault progress from PN..
Caroline R.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've not had a response back to the fault ticket you've raised. I'll spend some time now to take a look at the problem for you. If you could add a comment to the ticket with your availability from tomorrow onwards for an engineer visit, as this is going to be the most likely outcome with this one.
Edit:
I've updated your fault ticket for you.
caroline1
Dabbler

Chris,
Many thanks for your reply and support with my issue, much appreciated.
I have read my fault ticket updates and advised on engineer visit preferences.
Kind regards,
Caroline R.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all. I've replied back and got you an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning.
Please let me know how you get on.
caroline1
Dabbler

Chris,
Fantastic, surprised you were able to get the BTOR appointment so quickly !
After the tests already carried out as described I will be very surprised if the fault turns out to be at my location, will certainly keep you posted on the visit.
Again, many thanks for your support,
Kind regards,
Caroline R.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's not a problem at all Smiley
The access to your premises is just to be sure the modem isn't faulty and for testing purposes too Smiley
I'll keep an eye on this thread to ensure everything goes smoothly for you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: caroline1
Unfortunately I have absolutely no BB access at all on my phone line as reported, can not run any tests of any description, I have "migrated" to my dad's house this morning, a long time PN user, to try and get some movement on my fault issue, hence the BB connection.

Caroline,
It is good to hear that things are moving for you.
It is a little known fact that a PN user can run the fault tests from.ANYWHERE they are able to login to their account.  So as you say you are accessing PNs systems from our dad's place, you could have logged into YOUR account at his place and initiated the automatic tester.
Hope your problem is soon resolved.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

caroline1
Dabbler

Townman,
Many thanks for your continued interest and support with my fault issue.
Yes, Chris has certainly taken the issue firmly in hand now and got things moving along very quickly in the end, I now feel quite guilty about the post heading I used, "lack of support issue" !
I do feel that PN are currently very "stretched" with their phone support, I certainly don't remember 30 min's + waiting time on the last occasion I contacted them by that method, in all fairness, I believe they are currently recruiting for an additional call center which should hopefully improve the situation.
Apologies, I did mis-understand your advice regarding the use of the PN fault test facility from any location, this is very interesting, could you possibly advise on the logistics of this for future reference as I can't work out how it's done ?
My dad, who's facilities I am currently using, a PN user also, is also very interested to find out how this works, he can't figure it out either !
Kind regards,
Caroline R.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I now feel quite guilty about the post heading I used, "lack of support issue" !

You can edit the thread title (Subject) to something more appropriate by going back to your first post.
Click on 'MODIFY' (in the top right corner),  then you can edit both the thread title and the original post.
Once you have finished hit the [Save] button at the bottom.
Wink
caroline1
Dabbler

Purleigh,
Many thanks for the tip on editing, I did not know this, I won't change the heading on this occasion, the damage is done now, will keep as a reminder of my guilt !
Chris,
Quick update on my issue.
BTOR engineer attended today as promised, nice chap, very knowledgeable without being smug, quickly diagnosed the problem as a hardware failure in the local FTTC box and re-routed through a different channel.
The software re-routing took close to 2 hours to complete before the fibre modem DCL LED came on steady, much longer than he expected, was advised of an unusally big queue in the system, the engineer made numerous phone calls to try and expedite the process.
The engineer then assisted in getting the PN router up, running and talking again, probably beyond the call of duty, very nice of him to offer the extra assistance.
So, back in business again, many thanks for your excellent support since you took up the issue, very much appreciated.
Will update my ticket and close out after 24 hrs. if the system is stable.
Kind regards,
Caroline R. 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Townman,
Apologies, I did mis-understand your advice regarding the use of the PN fault test facility from any location, this is very interesting, could you possibly advise on the logistics of this for future reference as I can't work out how it's done ?
My dad, who's facilities I am currently using, a PN user also, is also very interested to find out how this works, he can't figure it out either !

Hi Caroline,
Simples... from wherever you have connection to the internet, go to www.plus.net and logon to the member centre using YOUR account details.  Then go here - https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults - (connection / broadband checker).  The very first thing that you'll be asked to confirm is YOUR phone number to which the broadband service is delivered.  The test is automated, though it would be most useful to know the requirements for conducting the tests...
Router plugged into master socket
Router powered on
Ideally all phones disconnected
After answering the questions an automated line test is performed.  If nothing else it is the first step in the diagnostic process.

Glad to learn that BTOR finally managed to fixed their broken infrastructure!
Cheers,
Kevin

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's fantastic news - really glad to hear the issue appears resolved.
Please do let us know if we can help any further Smiley
caroline1
Dabbler

Hi Townman,
Many thanks for your additional information regarding the PN fault test facility.
From the link you have provided I can see that this is in fact the procedure I followed from my dad's PC / installation to raise my initial fault ticket, however, I was not aware of anywhere the line test results were made available to the user as such, I assumed that these were viewed / used by the PN technical people only to appraise the fault issue, I certainly did not want to submit a further test request just now as a trial in case this would confuse the issue regarding my just resolved problem, would not wish to upset those very nice PN technical staff, in particular Chris, after their superb support with my issue.
I assume that the graphic attachments at the bottom of your posts, appear to be TBB derived, are actually nothing to do with PN derived test results, I must admit I initially though they were !
Kind regards,
Caroline R.