Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 5

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: BT Home Hub 5

Thanks for your correction.
I've received an confirmation email saying my BT hub 5 has been dispatched or despatched (I don't know what the difference is between the 2 words) and should be with me on Friday 8th November.
I can't wait, anyone used it on FTTC? What is it like?Huh
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

With the bt home hub 5 would that mean i would be able to do away with the openreach modem .
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

what i'm I supposed to do about the two holes in the wall where the engineer drilled thru?
Undecided
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Recieved my home hub 5 this morning setup was very straight forward nice to be able to see the sync speed only complaint i have about it is the wireless speed it claims to be able to do wireless N 150Mbps & 300Mbps now my laptop is compatible for both speeds yet it only shows up as 65Mbps i cannot see any options to set it for channel bonding to achieve these where as my old netgear was very simple.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Have you tried 5ghz network?
I change the 5ghz network name I.e BTHub5-WS68_5GHz
Or change wifi channel
Use inSSider to find a suitable channel
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

My laptop can only do the 2.4ghz band though on the old netgear router it connected at 150mbps but have noticed the home hub 5 wireless security can only do WPA or WPA2 but no other option for the encryption. but it does not seem to be able to do channel bonding in order to get the upto 150mbps & 300mbps speeds.
HNKS
Grafter

I just set mine up and over Wifi on 2.4ghz network Im only getting 7mb......somethings wrong aint it?
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Something tells me the home hub 5 does not support channel bonding like my old netgear WNR2000v3 did.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It's probably due to the fact when u swapped the router the DLM thought ur line was unstable so put it to a lower speed.
However 7mb is radically low.
This should be investigated by PN
Try doing a bt wholesale test with Ethernet cable

Sorry for slang, typing from iphone
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: NorthEasterner
It's probably due to the fact when u swapped the router the DLM thought ur line was unstable so put it to a lower speed.

Absolute trash. DLM would not slow the connection down after one disconnection.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Also we don't know anything about the users connection, what product usual speeds etc.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Susie
Quote from: NorthEasterner

Absolute trash. DLM would not slow the connection down after one disconnection.

If you have a problem then please don't take it in an aggressive way. 
One disconnect can influence on the equipment used and DLM's can vary on exchange.
My DLM is very sensitive.  I turned my router off and I was put on 10mb then increased over a few days
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

My BT Hub 5 has arrived today, but stupidly RM didn't put it thru the letterbox like on the BT site it should.
Redelivery to post office made on Monday, well worth £1.50 for collection as my RM depot is 3 1/2 miles away.  PO is 2 mins away.  Makes sense
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Set up my new Hub 5 today.
Looking quite good.
I bought a new RJ11 cable on way back from work from PC World for around 3 quid (good quality)
I connected the RJ11 cable to Hub 5 but stupidly forgot to connect to master socket.
I was trying to figure out for half an hour why it wasn't connecting.  I referred to the instruction booklet, it said, "Make sure all cables are connected" This is when I realized.
What am I like!!! hahaha  Cheesy Grin
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

@NorthEastener have you tested out the wireless N modes 150mbps and 300mbps  my wireless card in my laptop is capable of the 300mbps transfer rate but only ever manages to connect at 65mbps where as my old netgear always connected at the full speed home hub 5 has latest firmware but other than that im finding the home hub 5 working perfectly never drops the connection unlike the openreach box used to .