Friday 24th October 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1]

An inexpensive alternative to the TG582N

« on 25/10/2013, 16:59 »
Just ordered a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Router from Amazon for a small price of 48.10 and that includes a free USB dual band dongle!  Cheesy

Pretty decent review here http://hexus.net/tech/rev...p-link-tl-wdr3600-router/

Gotta be a worthy upgrade from the supplied router Smiley
« Reply #1 on 25/10/2013, 18:37 »
I have 3 things to say about this.

1) A packet of out of date pea nuts is a viable alternative to the TG582N plusnet themselves have admitted it is not fit for purpose with some of the fibre products.

2) A BT HH 2/3 for 15 from ebay is fully supported and works a treat and the wifi signal is excellent.

3) I am pleased you got rid of the plusnet brick.
  • DomS
  • Bright Spark
  • View Profile
« Reply #2 on 25/10/2013, 21:33 »
I bought a couple of TP-Link WR841ND routers but they had a tendency to crash, especially when there was lots of wireless traffic.

I reflashed them with dd-wrt and have never looked back - totally stable and reboot themselves should they lose connection to the internet for more than a preset period.
I find Signatures annoying .....
  • Bjn
  • View Profile
« Reply #3 on 26/10/2013, 10:47 »
I picked up a WD N750 duel band router for 19.99  a few months back from PC World which work fine on Plusnet and wireless coverage in an old house with solid brick walls is fine.At that price it was worth a punt and it paid off.
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE