Friday 18th April 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1]

Technicolor TG582n - Can't uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN'

« on 23/06/2013, 09:07 »
We've a Technicolor TG582n router and we're trying to uncheck the 'Allowed on WLAN' box for some devices.  We know what we're trying to do, and why, and the principle seems straightforward but the box won't uncheck!  How can we make it?  Or is there another way of denying access to certain devices?
  • Bjn
  • View Profile
« Reply #1 on 23/06/2013, 09:25 »
strange thing is I was trying to do this about an hour ago and found the same thing you could not uncheck the box. I could on my previous plusnet router which was replaced with a new one yesterday? (fibre router)

I think the software release on new router is different     8.C.M.0  to old router, but can't checked as posted old faulty router back yesterday,.
« Reply #2 on 23/06/2013, 12:29 »
I have also just posted with reference to this, and found the same issue, no one at the call centre appears to know and asked me to post the question here.

Also, why my router is connecting on WLAN at 65mbps and not 130 as it was when the connection was set up.

Any help on these issues appreciated.

Thanks

Craig
« Reply #3 on 24/06/2013, 09:56 »
Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we've just tested this ourselves and we saw the same issue.

We're going to raise this with Technicolor, I've raised problem 75744 for tracking purposes.

Adam
Adam Walker
Plusnet Digital Care Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #4 on 24/06/2013, 11:54 »
Is there a way to do this via the CLI?
  • npr
  • View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on 24/06/2013, 15:52 »
That fault has been there in ever firmware version I've used, in three different Technicolor models Sad

This is how to do it with cli:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#macaccess
« Reply #6 on 15/08/2013, 17:46 »
Sorry to bump up this thread but has the issue been resolved ?

I seem to be having the same problem.
« Reply #7 on 19/08/2013, 09:13 »
Sorry to bump up this thread but has the issue been resolved ?

No worries and I'm afraid not. I'll chase that up.

Adam

UPDATE: This still hasn't been resolved I'm afraid, I'll give the relevant people a nudge although this looks like an issue with our hardware supplier. In the meantime you should be able to resolve this by using a CLI command as per some of the previous replies to this thread.

« Last Edit: 19/08/2013, 15:06 by _Adam_Walker_ »

Adam Walker
Plusnet Digital Care Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #8 on 27/10/2013, 22:31 »
Using the CLI is s little inconvenient. When you get the solution appreciate if you can let me know.
« Reply #9 on 15/11/2013, 11:52 »
sorry to bump

but any more developments on this, still using the Technicolor TG582n router but STILL not able to check and uncheck Allowed on WLAN.

Any help or information on sorting this is greatly appreciated

regards 
« Reply #10 on 15/11/2013, 12:45 »
This is how to do it with cli:
http://npr.me.uk/telnet.html#macaccess

To get what you think is a 'proper' fix (ability to change via the web interface) will require the development, testing, distribution, download of a new firmware which you might then have to flash your router with.  Though the CLI might seem a little daunting at first, it is a heck of a lot simpler than the route to a 'proper' fix.

« Last Edit: 15/11/2013, 12:48 by Townman »

Business & Residential user - phone and ADSL broadband on long lines Sad
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE