cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor TG582N - default username and password?

QSO

Technicolor TG582N - default username and password?

Help!! I've reflashed my Technicolor TG582N router with Plusnet firmware, and am now unable to login to configure the router. I'm locked out! Does anyone know the factory default username and password?
I have done a long reset (till power LED turns red) so it's all back to factory default settings.
The router is TG582N DANT-T variant.
Firmware image I flashed onto it was PN TG582N R844J.bin
(I used the firmware update utility from BE to do this, but that shouldn't make any difference)
So now the user & pwd are different and I can't get in. I've tried every combination of [blank]+[blank], Administrator, Admin, admin, serial number, access key etc.
If I can get into the router I want to change the firmware again to the +USB version of 844J so that I can have 3G dongle backup option for when I take the router with me on a caravan holiday Smiley -what will be the user & pwd for that version (if different again)?
Many thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
QSO

Re: Technicolor TG582N - default username and password?

Done it... I'm in.
It was admin and serial number. Which I had tried before, but s/n was wrong - I misread a 5 as an S. Stupid font on router label, making a 5 look like an S. So have a good long close-up look at the label underneath the router with a magnifrying glass if you're having trouble like me.
According to PlusNet website, depending on the age of your TG582N, there are 3 possible sets of default login details:-
Administrator
serial no.
Administrator
blank (no pwd)
admin
serial no.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Technicolor TG582N - default username and password?

As far as I'm aware the router username and password on the TG582n has always been admin and serial number respectively. The previous alternatives mentioned applied on a much older router, the TG585v7.
David