cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover package issues

David_W
Rising Star

Changeover package issues

Today is my billing date so I've changed from Plusnet Unlimited to Plusnet Unlimited but it seems that when this occurs all the settings on my account have reverted to standard (and I'll assume the same is true for everyone).
Interleaving was on (no idea why, maybe stability) but is now being turned off
RDNS pointed at ip-address.plus.net but now points back to username.force9.co.uk
I'm going to assume my IP address is back to being a static IP address rather than dynamic
Is there a way to ensure the settings people have applied to their accounts are kept when they switch packages, otherwise you'll have people who will not know that the settings have been changed for them (and with interleaving on may raise a fault, causing work for you guys) or people who notice it and open a ticket to revert it (again, causing a lot of work for you guys).
So, whilst on the topic, can you again switch my IP to dynamic and turn RDNS back to pointing at ip-address rather than username?  Interleaving, not sure about, I'll leave that to your discretion.
9 REPLIES 9
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Changeover package issues

Quote from: David
... I've changed from Plusnet Unlimited to Plusnet Unlimited ...

?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Previous old version with heavy traffic management to new version with none. (I assume)
David_W
Rising Star

Yep, I just figured it was funny going from Unlimited to Unlimited  Crazy  Though my settings are default for Plusnet Premier Option 1.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Think I've cleared everything up here.
The static IP was on the account already but disabled (probably not destroyed from when it was on from a previous time?). I've removed this now and as such you're back on a dynamic IP - that should also fix the rDNS lookup as the hostname only exists on static IPs.
The interleaving I suspect was due to the order to uncap your upstream being placed yesterday - this was nothing to do with the account change, just part of the bulk upstream uncapping we're doing at the moment.
Hope that covers everything and sorts things out too, please let us know if not.
Oh - you will have to disconnect and reconnect to get back onto the dynamic IP (if you haven't already).
David_W
Rising Star

Premier came with a default static IP which I had disabled a few years ago (though I still remember my original F9 IP!), when I switched to old Unlimited my dynamic became static again so I had to open a ticket to go back on dynamic, and now the switch to new unlimited turned it back on.  I've no idea what happens on PN's side to turn it off but if not destroying it (which sounds painful) leaves it in a state where it'll automatically switch back on due to an account change, will there be more people who have opted for dynamic but now have static due to a lack of Gundams at PN?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There may be one or two but I doubt there'd be that many to be honest. I will point this out to Dave though, he'll probably be able to take a look and see if there might be any more static IPs in an unconfigured state kicking about.
ChrisN1
Dabbler

OMG I thought I was the only one who had issues with this "Unlimited (unlisted account) to the now official Unlimited account".
I finally got my line stable on ADSL2+.. nice 12.5mbps down and 1mbps up. Then this change, plusnet sent an order to BT to reorder my ADSL2+ AND switched
off the interleaving. Now i'm stuck on 6.5mbps. Absolutely knacked up my Netflix HD streaming. Also as no interleaving, it disconnects frequently during the learning period (because
of the reorder issue) and i'm watching in disgust my speed is dropping 0.5mbps to 1mbps every day or so ugggh.
The only issue I havent had is the static ip problem. My static ip is still the same and same as the rDNS pointing to *.plus.com.
I guess from you seeing force9, you have been an account holder since the force9 days.. where I left and rejoined in 2008 here...so that could be the reasoning to the rDNS change.
I am really annoyed with this and I cannot get this fixed until this screwed up order completes the learning period next Thursday! Then it will be another 10 day learning period from then
no doubt!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked the order for you and while it is due to complete tomorrow there'll be no training period as far as I'm aware as the service is not changing - even the interleaving on the order was set to Auto, which was already the case on your line. Either way we should be able to get interleaving turned on tomorrow if you wish but it's as likely to have been turned off by this order as it is by the DLM system anyway given that it was already set to Auto.
I'm sorry for the hassle caused and for the drop in speed, we'll see what we can do tomorrow once the order's complete and can reset/allow the line to retrain if need be or just attempt to fix the SNR at a lower value (though this will need a training period if we do place the order).
Hope that helps explain.
ChrisN1
Dabbler

Thanks loads Matt!
May have to get the SNR set lower tomorrow if its still not sorted. I had 9 before the interleaving change and now its 16 and cannot seem to resync above
Before all of this I got 13428,839 downlink sync speed and it was stable on the 9 snr.
Cheers,
Chris
PS. ahh i was told it was in training.. so ive been careful not to resync! Now that I know its not in training, i'll mess with the router some more to see if I can
get better sync speeds. I just powered off and on and got 10647,642 with snr down to 14.