cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson SX510W Printer not connecting wirelessly to PC or Laptop. Why?

force81sx

Re: Epson SX510W Printer not connecting wirelessly to PC or Laptop. Why?

Thanks, for the replies, guys. I will try out your suggestions in a while and let you know the outcome. Hopefully, I won't need to ask "why is this doing that" and "how do I get that to do this"!
Van der Linde
force81sx

Ok, guys, this is what I am finding........
This is what is showing up in my Thomson Gateway for the Interface/Local Network:
IP Addresses
IP Address/Mask Type
10.0.0.138/24 Static
192.168.1.254/24 Static
DHCP Pools
DHCP Pool Name Address Range                                  Gateway
LAN_private                192.168.1.64 - 192.168.1.253          192.168.1.254
And, while I have my Epson powered on, these are the settings showing up in the Home Network/Devices section:
Epson
Information
Type: Printer
Connected To: WLAN (Wireless)
Allowed on WLAN: Yes
Addressing
Physical Address: 00:00:48:8e:78:70
IP Address Assignment: DHCP
IP Address: 91.125.1.238
Always use the same IP address: Yes
DHCP Lease Time: Infinite
Connection Sharing
There is no game or service assigned to this device.
As a note, when the printer was powered up, the LCD screen display said that the IP address was already in use by 91.125.1.238
How do I get the Thomson Gateway router to change the IP address that it is showing? Would you agree that this is where the problem could be?
Also, just noted that the 91.125 IP address is the one that is allocated to the laptop I am using right now as is being displayed on this forum page, which is totally different to what comes up in the ipconfig in the command screen (that reads 192.168,etc) ........!
Van der Linde.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: force81sx
Would you agree that this is where the problem could be?

I agree it "could" but as noted earlier:
Quote from: HPsauce
Whenever there are problems this (USB connection) is the first thing to try, it often highlights other simple issues.  Lips_are_sealed
force81sx

Well. Found that my IP address was totally different on my printer to what it what showing on my gateway. So, I just deleted it, turned things off, turned things on then checked to see if my gateway was picking up the printer on the same IP address. It was! Went through exactly as before using the printer LCD screen to manually set things up...............still didn't work! I tried again and again, using various methods.No joy.
I gave up.......
Uninstalled the printer. Did a registry scan. ReBooted. Installed printer using the CD setup via a USB cable. It worked!
Everything is fine, on my PC, using a USB connection. But, why won't it connect wirelessly when that is the whole reason why I bought the thing in the first place!?!
Will try setting up on my Vista laptop when I get a chance and see what happens!
Any other ideas why my printer is not setting up using Wi-Fi to my PC. It looks to me that all the settings are correct. Or, am I missing something?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I refer you to my post of 12 days ago.  Grin Grin Grin
Quote from: A
Does your router see the printer (and your PC, if wireless)?
If it's not a big inconvenience, I'd just connect the printer to the "main" PC with a piece of USB cable.
I've found that wireless to wireless transfers tend to be flakey.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Mav
Fixes: 515

My wireless HP sits next to my PC but connects wirelessly and the router is in the kitchen (gives me one more free USB plus one less cable) and, touch wood, so far haven't had any issues with connectivity. It also connects to the laptop and my wife's PC upstairs without problems.
I have found, though in the past, that wireless issues can be very hard to diagnose and rectify Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still