Thursday 30th October 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 [2]

visradius

• Keeef
  • Can I stay connected for longer than 60 hrs?
  • View Profile
« Reply #16 on 15/02/2012, 19:49 »
The majority of connections you've had over the past week have been in excess of 24 hours in length.

Really? I count 9 sessions and only four >24 hrs. Wink

I'll take ownership of dealing with the fault for you

You can't say fairer than that; thanks. Smiley

Is there anything more I can do or supply to help?
Keef - Siemens Gigaset SE587 or Netgear DM602
« Reply #17 on 16/02/2012, 10:06 »
Hi Keeef,

To be honest I don't think this is a fault. If you were on a product which allowed a static IP then you wouldn't have any issues. The few drops that there are wouldn't be classed as a fault. If you are away from home and your IP address changes then you can always ask us here and we can message you with your current IP address.

Jojo Smiley

Joanne Pilson
Plusnet Billing Operations Analyst
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #18 on 16/02/2012, 10:27 »
What problems are the drop-outs causing your experience?

Not sure I understand what you are asking here. Sad

Every time the connection drops I get assigned a new IP, which is a real pain for me.

Why is it a pain? If it's because you're wanting to access your machine remotely then have you considered the use of a Dynamic DNS service? That way it wouldn't matter whether or not your IP changed whilst you were away from your machine.

I understand that ADSL isn't as stable as my previous cable connection and that this package doesn't provide a fixed IP, but would have expected connections to last longer than a few hours at a time and the IP to be "sticky". Wink I don't remember this problem a few years back when I was on ADSL with Pipex.

The IP's aren't sticky and there's no way we can easily override that for your line.

If the disconnections are causing you performance problems then I'd suggest pursuing this as a fault but it's likely to require some patience, a reasonable amount of diagnostics on your part and a healthy slice of persistence with our suppliers Wink

If it's just the fact that your IP changes all the time then it's probably worth you considering what I've suggested above.
  • Keeef
  • View Profile
« Reply #19 on 16/02/2012, 12:06 »
To be honest I don't think this is a fault.

Fortunately there are staff there that try to follow your Steve Woods comments in
the welcome pack you send out. :-

"We really hope you’ll enjoy using Plusnet and being part of our
community"

As a result of which my line seems to be a lot more stable now (touch wood).

Well done to those that think custom care is important.
  • Keeef
  • View Profile
« Reply #20 on 16/02/2012, 12:08 »
have you considered the use of a Dynamic DNS service?

Thanks for the suggestion: I already use dyndns. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE