cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting comments to the community site.

amcclean
Rising Star

Posting comments to the community site.

The last time i posted on the forums I did so after logging in to the community site and raised the issue that the posts there don't pull through the usernames form the forums but the actual user names. I choose to use apseudo- username to avoid my name being out in the open and save the issue PN had a few years ago over usernames. I see that PN have made no changes to the community site and still display usernames for posts. Can PN please change my usename in the post below.

http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/01/24/plusnet-fibre-trials-updates/comment-page-1/#comment-59442
I am no longer going to post to the community site to provide feedback until the system is changed show the psuedo names instead of actual login names.
podman
4 REPLIES 4
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Posting comments to the community site.

Previous posting: http://community.plus.net/blog/2011/08/30/plusnet-business-wifi-study/#comments
For security I believed we had previously been given the oppertunity in the forums before the community site was developed to ensure our usernames were public knowledge after an incedent some years agon on the forums. It appears that while one login does both parts of the site only the forums adhere to the option we were previously given. It would be appreciated of this mis-match was corrected across the community side of things inline with the forums.
podman
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You chose to set your community login name to the same as your portal login name - most of us didn't do that! I'm not sure that you are justified in making a fuss about this when it was your choice in the first place.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
amcclean
Rising Star

Hi jelv,
I have for the first time just had a wordpress bar pop up at the top of my screen, it's never been there before.
Thankyou for pointing out that it can be done. Pretty sure it wasn't mentioned the last time I raised the issue. Had I known about it I wouldn't have posted to  "make a fuss" 🙂
That done it still doesn't change the username retrospectively.
Podman
[edited for clarity]
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Chris has done it for you.
You could log out from the Community and post the comment while logged out, providing the name you want to appear as.  It will go into the moderation queue, but that gets jumped on very quickly,
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager