Friday 19th September 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

• Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #32 on 03/11/2011, 12:13 »
And customers are going to pay for it.

Yes our prices are increasing, a number of telcos have already increased their prices. We're still cheaper than a substantial amount of them and with the Line Rental Saver offer it works out even better.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #33 on 03/11/2011, 15:04 »
@Adam, a lot got in before me, but I repeat I am on the legacy 240 package, you dont pay any extra, just the line rental, so my original statement holds, both packages are 12.99

And can you confirm that slipped in bit that legacy package holders can reduce there line rental after 6 Dec without changing packages?

As this is what is on the blog

What you need to know

-Line Rental Saver is available on our current call packages only: Talk Anytime; Talk Evening & Weekends and Anytime International 300.

« Last Edit: 03/11/2011, 15:07 by pierre_pierre »

Free-online member since 15 Dec 1998
You dont have to be mad to understand what PN are up to, but it helps
Customer Options Team (Cancellations and MAC) 0800 4320200 (option 7) not free onmobile but 0345 4320200 is cheaper (or 0114 296 5098)
« Reply #34 on 03/11/2011, 15:24 »

I'm on Legacy Homephone 240 - Following the above link I get "Line Rental saver isn't available on your current call plan." (my emphasis)

My choices are
Stay as I am- Pay price increase.

So unless I can get 240 included minutes anytime at no extra cost (and the Ts&Cs say that I can't)  I will stay as I am.

« Last Edit: 03/11/2011, 15:30 by alanf »

« Reply #35 on 03/11/2011, 16:49 »
What will happen if the price of the call package increases by a large amount? Will we be able to change to another supplier and get a proportion of the prepaid amount back as the conditions of the phone package will have changed to our detriment or is the line rental treated as a separate part from the call plan? I have a feeling from the t & c that we will be a bit exposed to PN call package  pricing for a year. I am just a little suspicious of PN as they put the price up after a big ad campaign.

On a separate note I raised a question re another matter concerning the new line rental and received the reply within 10 minutes so well done there.
« Reply #36 on 03/11/2011, 17:08 »
@peter10

We have no plans at all to change the price of our call packages. If we increased the price even by a penny it would be to your detriment and we would be obliged to provide you with 30 days notice of the change and the ability to cancel without honouring the remainder of your contract.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
« Reply #37 on 03/11/2011, 17:25 »
can you please answer about the legacy 240, you have two people asking
@Adam, a lot got in before me, but I repeat I am on the legacy 240 package, you dont pay any extra, just the line rental, so my original statement holds, both packages are 12.99

And can you confirm that slipped in bit that legacy package holders can reduce there line rental after 6 Dec without changing packages?

As this is what is on the blog

What you need to know

-Line Rental Saver is available on our current call packages only: Talk Anytime; Talk Evening & Weekends and Anytime International 300.
Customer Options Team (Cancellations and MAC) 0800 4320200 (option 7) not free onmobile but 0345 4320200 is cheaper (or 0114 296 5098)
« Reply #38 on 03/11/2011, 17:30 »
Already answered that question PP, check reply #22

It's not a restriction per-se as its available to all other customers with legacy phone packages and new home phone customers after 6th December.

That would include that package.
Adam Walker
« Reply #39 on 03/11/2011, 17:34 »
Thanks for the reply Adam.

So am I right in thinking that if the call packages increased in price (and I accept that you have no plans to at the moment) and I decided to change to another supplier then I would get a proportional refund of any already paid annual line rental saver?

Also if the broadband price increased would I be able to move the broadband  to another supplier and leave the phone with Plusnet until the annual line rental saver runs out?

Peter

« Last Edit: 04/11/2011, 08:38 by peter10 »

« Reply #40 on 03/11/2011, 17:50 »
I had seen your reply 22, but your blog and the sign up page do not agree with you

Line Rental saver isn't available on your current call plan.

Line rental saver is available on the following call plans:

Talk Evenings and Weekends
    Talk Anytime
    Talk Anytime International 300

You can change to an eligible call plan and then register for Line Rental Saver once your new call plan has started. Line Rental Saver will be available through 'Product Change' from 6th December 2011.
« Reply #41 on 03/11/2011, 19:01 »
We only joined a month ago (bog standard Phone E&WE and Value Broadband), but even with the increase getting both for 13 pm (9.50 LRS + 3.50 (1/2 price BB offer)) seems a pretty excellent deal.
  • Dom
  • View Profile
« Reply #42 on 04/11/2011, 12:40 »
Hi Adam/Chris,

As a broadband customer who signed up back in September, I took the 12-months of broadband (and associated line rental) offer because I figured I'd be needing the line for at least a year, and it made sense to sign up for that long.

Now it's November, I've got 10 months left of that contract (if that's what you want to call it) and so what happens if I sign up for the Line Rental Saver deal? Will I still pay the full 113.88 for 12 months line rental, even though I only have 10 months left  of my contract to pay for; or will I pay less than 113.88? (Ten months @ 9.49 works out at 94.90 - is that what I'd pay?)

If I do still pay the full 113.88 for the 12 month Line Rental Deal, does that mean my broadband contract will roll over by an extra two months at the end, as I'd already have paid for 2 months line rental as part of the Line Rental Deal?

Thanks in advance!

Smiley Smiley
Like what you see on the forums? Why not sign up to Plusnet today!
Xilo Web Hosting - Quality, Affordable London-based Web Hosting.
« Reply #43 on 04/11/2011, 14:22 »
Hi Dom,

Whereas you needed to take the line rental in order to get the 12 months of half price broadband the line rental won't have been reduced. In other words if you took on the line rental saver offer you would pay 113.88. Obviously the half price offer would still stand and would mean that the broadband subscription would still be half price for the next 10 months.

Adam Walker
  • Dom
  • View Profile
« Reply #44 on 04/11/2011, 15:06 »
Ah right, OK. Broadband and line rental are separate beasts; cool.

I do have one other quick question though: 12 months half price broadband? Is that what I signed up for? If it is, I don't think that's what I've got. I signed up for 12 months of broadband and got the router for free, but as far as I can tell I still pay 11.49 for the Extra package each month (plus the 11.99 line rental, of course). Although it's a bit hard to tell at the moment because since signing up,  I've only had one bill that didn't include something extra like an engineer's call-out charge, delivery for the router, etc.

Smiley
« Reply #45 on 04/11/2011, 15:11 »
12 months half price broadband? Is that what I signed up for?

I'd need to check your account for that. I'm not sure your community username is directing me to the right one, could you perhaps drop me a DM of the username please?
Adam Walker
« Reply #46 on 04/11/2011, 16:11 »
Sorry if I got your hopes up! I wrongly assumed you were referring to such an offer but I now better understand that you took the annual contract to avoid having to pay an installation fee for your line.
Adam Walker
  • Dom
  • View Profile
« Reply #47 on 04/11/2011, 16:41 »
Ah well, you can't win 'em all!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE