Tuesday 23rd September 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1] 2

Firefox and Barclays

• Mav
  • View Profile
« on 01/11/2011, 08:11 »
Not sure whether this should be in Windows Software or here Undecided

Rather strange but I cannot access Barclays online banking through FF this morning - I just keep getting 'A connection was reset error'.

Checked it with IE9 and Chrome and I get the login page without problem.

I was able to login last night and no changes have been made my end since then. Anyone else with Barclays getting the same error with FF?
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
« Reply #1 on 01/11/2011, 08:45 »
Anyone else with Barclays getting the same error with FF?
Not Barclays, but I've always had issues with the M&S Money secure site and FF. Works fine with Opera, can't say about IE since it don't work on my Ubuntu systems Smiley
  • purleigh
  • BDUK said NO to FTTC, stuck with 20CN ADSL
  • View Profile
« Reply #2 on 01/11/2011, 09:15 »
I just tried FF on Ubuntu, and found that the main http://www.barclays.co.uk page seems to load quite slowly, and seems to drop the occasional 'panel' or 'frame'.

However, clicking on the 'Online Banking' and going to the login pages works very quickly.

Kiss ADSL Unlimited      Angry EAPUR 20CN Market 1    IPv6 6in4 tunnel      Cool 1&1 domains      Wink pfSense
« Reply #3 on 01/11/2011, 09:42 »
Works for me on Firefox, but very slow loading up, even slower though on Internet Explorer 8.
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Mav
  • View Profile
« Reply #4 on 01/11/2011, 10:05 »
Barclays home page is fast to load and I finally managed to get the login page but that was extremely slow to load.

Took two attempts to login and pages were extremely slow then it just logged me out with a message that the website is currently unavailable Sad
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
  • purleigh
  • View Profile
« Reply #5 on 01/11/2011, 10:11 »
Just tried again and now the 'Online Banking' login page is really struggling !   Undecided

Kiss ADSL Unlimited      Angry EAPUR 20CN Market 1    IPv6 6in4 tunnel      Cool 1&1 domains      Wink pfSense
« Reply #6 on 01/11/2011, 11:40 »
Seems to be working OK now.
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • purleigh
  • View Profile
« Reply #7 on 01/11/2011, 12:01 »
Just tried again, the home page is still slow and dropping 'panels' but just about working.

However going to the login page shows -

• Mav
  • View Profile
« Reply #8 on 01/11/2011, 12:02 »
Still slow in loading but did log in again.

But as soon as I tried to access a statement I got the follwoing:
Sorry - we have had to log you out of Online Banking because you did not use the service for more than 10 minutes. Please enter your membership number below, and select the 'next' button to log in again.

I had only been logged in for around 30 seconds!
« Reply #9 on 01/11/2011, 12:55 »
Login loads, but slowly for me using Chrome.
« Reply #10 on 01/11/2011, 15:06 »
What's the MTU set to on both the router and the network adapter your connecting through?

If the packets are fragmented too much certain sites can't be accessed.
Martin Liversidge

Plusnet Faults Agent
  • Mav
  • View Profile
« Reply #11 on 01/11/2011, 16:26 »
Seems ok here now...

Maybe just a temporary blip at Barclays?
« Reply #12 on 01/11/2011, 18:17 »
Hi there,

Barclays hasn't revamped their online banking site recently, have they?

Nationwide has and they warn me every time I try to log-on that my browser (FF 3.6.23) may not display correctly.  I have currently queried which browsers are supported by their re-vamped internet banking site.

Having said that I can manage to log on etc., but noticed that display is much slower and jerky.

I am awaiting their response.

Hope this helps clarifying your situation.

Many regards,
Chandu.
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #13 on 01/11/2011, 18:26 »
I don't have any problems with Nationwide using Firefox 7 although I noted that they say that the website login will be changing in the near future
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
  • Mav
  • View Profile
« Reply #14 on 01/11/2011, 20:18 »
[
Barclays hasn't revamped their online banking site recently, have they?
Actually they have been rolling out a new look banking site. So far I am yet to see it - still the same old login method and look to the site.
« Reply #15 on 02/11/2011, 17:39 »
I don't have any problems with Nationwide using Firefox 7 although I noted that they say that the website login will be changing in the near future

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the info.  If you recall I had some issue with FF7 on my XP machine so I had reverted back to FF3.6.

Having said that Nationwide has responded to my query.  They said that the new website is supported on FF4 onwards.  So, it seems I may have to move over to either FF4 or take a gamble and install FF7 and hope that there are no issues with my XP machine !!!!

Regards,
Chandu.
Pages: [1] 2
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE