Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile - 88.2% method

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: IP Profile - 88.2% method

Does anyone at Plusnet Towers have a comment to make about the forthcoming implemention of 88.2% speed profiles in early December?
It's December now...  Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not sure what comments we can make other than the extensive ones throughout this thread? The changes are scheduled to complete on the 12 December as previously stated, until then there isn't much else we can say.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you had any indication of how frequently you will receive the delta reports under the new system? Are they going to be in the same format or will Plusnet need to make system changes?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jelv,
Quote from: Chris
Quote from: goldenadsl
Can't PN removed 12 hours updated ? as 12 hours seem a long time to wait!

We've answered that a few times already in this thread:

Quote from: Jojo
Once the new system is in place, if these reports are any more frequent we'll look at how we will deal with them.

We aren't changing the frequency yet as we *need* to see how often and the impact of the delta reports are received. For example, if they sent instantly but individually to us from BT, how much load does that create rather than processing as a batch. Will queueing them up individually one after another cause any slowdowns in processing, what happens if one gets missed etc etc.

Before we do that we need to see the impact the new delta reports are going to have. It's not a difficult change to make IIRC (I'm not a developer though) but we need to make sure it isn't going to cause a negative impact before doing so.

And...
Quote from: Joanne
Hi guys,
I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere before but our systems are currently ready for the new BT IP profiles when we get them and Plusnet profiles will be in 100k increments. So, when we get the delta report through the Plusnet profile will be set to the nearest 100k.

Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Astonishing!
With just over a week to go BT haven't told you whether the change will affect their interface with you (nature and frequency of delta reports) and if so how!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am even more astonished at the naivety of the above post  Grin Grin
You didn't seriously expect anything better did you given that the first Plusnet apparently knew of the trial was when we started questioning the very odd IP profiles  Roll_eyes
caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: jelv
Astonishing!
With just over a week to go BT haven't told you whether the change will affect their interface with you (nature and frequency of delta reports) and if so how!

Quote from: Oldjim
I am even more astonished at the naivety of the above post

It's more than enough to dumbfound anyone!
VileReynard
Hero

I assume this is still on track for implementation tomorrow?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi A Fox is Evil,
Yes. Don't think we're likely to see it filter through immediately though.
Jojo Smiley
Ransomefan
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon after a short down time I resynced at 4928 (new record for me), shortly after my BT IP profile was 4347 and download speed was 4247. Plusnet speed test and TTB were similar. This is about 0.5meg up on the weeks before and higher than my Plusnet profile of 4.0meg.  I wondered if the new system had come in ahead of time.  If however something is broken please don't fix it, It is the fastest connection I have ever had, even from an earlier LLU ISP.
anytbut
Grafter

So,when this change happens will it require a reset of the router to take effect or is it just like Ransomefan`s and it`ll happen of it`s own accord? Smiley
VileReynard
Hero

I have just rebooted my router...
It resynced and a BT test showed the immediate increase to 5201 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
[ IP Profile for your line is - 4588 Kbps ]
However, there was no corresponding change to the Plusnet profile - still 3500Kbps.
Do you think I could have a manual adjustment of my Plusnet profile to 4588 Kbps?  Smiley

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Will the profiles update more quickly for people on 20CN?
waltdav
Grafter

>However, there was no corresponding change to the Plusnet profile - still 3500Kbps.
>
>Do you think I could have a manual adjustment of my Plusnet profile to 4588 Kbps?
Likewise!  I have just recently been upgraded to ADSL2+ and have installed a much better modem/router.  My BT IP Profile is now 9142 kbps. However, my PlusNet Profile remains stubbornly at 6.5 Mbps, where it has been for several weeks.  It is holding my downstream speed down to that level.
I'd be ever so grateful if someone at PlusNet could give it a nudge to bring it up to match my BT Profile, if they can spare a minute.
EDIT:  Sorted now.  Many thanks, Adam!
Cheesy
Walt Davidson (User: waltd)
x47c
Grafter

Quote from: sjrinfroyle
Will the profiles update more quickly for people on 20CN?

According to my info.........this only applies to 21CN
(I stand ready to be corrected!)