Friday 31st October 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1]

Setting up email account on Samsung Galaxy S2

« on 16/07/2011, 17:59 »
I have a  Samsung Galaxy S2. I have tried and tried to set it up to receive emails from my plusnet account, with no joy.  Can anyone give me a step by step instruction on setting my phone up. Thank you. Anyone... HELP!!! Smiley
  • spraxyt
  • Usergroup Member
  • View Profile
« Reply #1 on 16/07/2011, 23:47 »
Do the instructions given in this post work for you?

Note that some mobile service providers block outgoing mail sent via external relays on port 25. Using their own relay is necessary in this case (or a third party one which allows a different port to be used, eg gmail).
« Reply #2 on 17/07/2011, 09:01 »
I've got the same phone.  Great phone.  Have you looked at the Samsung online instructions?  I set mine up by following their instructions.  Look at page 53 in the instructions.

Samsung Galaxy S2
Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!
« Reply #3 on 18/07/2011, 11:12 »
 I have a samsung galaxy s2 smart phone but have tried unsuccessfully  to get my plus net e mail account on it.  Have tried many different ways.  Can anyone help, please?
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #4 on 18/07/2011, 12:35 »
Merged with existing thread
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
  • Matt Taylor
  • Standard
  • Don't worry, he won't fall.
  • View Profile
« Reply #5 on 19/07/2011, 09:18 »
Hi magpieant,

If you use the settings on this page here: http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ (click at the top of the page where it says 'I just want to see the email settings') along with the guide that artmo posted above (here: http://www.samsung.com/uk...d_detail&tab=support#) you should be able to get everything working.

Hope that helps,
Matt Taylor
--
Posts made on or before 31st Jan 2014 were made from a staff perspective.
« Reply #6 on 19/07/2011, 17:54 »
I also cant set my email account up on Samsung Galaxy. Have you managed it yet? If so, how??
« Reply #7 on 19/07/2011, 17:58 »
I cant set up my email account either. Has anyone given you the definitive answer which has done the trick?
« Reply #8 on 19/07/2011, 18:21 »
Go into applications and select email. Touch the left hand button at the bottom of the screen and on the pop-up menu touch 'more'. Another menu pops up and select Account settings.

You should then be able to enter your Plusnet account details and server settings to complete the operation.

On the server settings I've used:  incoming server settings POP3 server mail.plus.net using port 110 and outgoing server setting relay.plus.net using port 25.

Hope this helps.
Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE