cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral value incorrect

Not applicable

Re: Referral value incorrect

Angry
Yes, it is still all messed up.  I am £1.00 short this month and still haven't received a reimbursement for the shortfall in previous month/s.
I have sent in another ticket but I am not going to get anywhere with it because I know that the reply will be 'due to data protection etc etc'.
How are you expected to check that it is correct when you are obstructed?
Also, I have people who were on Option 1 at 25p and are now on Value (have been since it came in last year) and I am not being allowed the 50p that I have on other ones who are new and have Value. 
One of the referrals was on Option 1 and changed to Value but is not in Market 3 area and I see that it has been upgraded to 50p for her.  What is the correct policy on this please?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not applicable

Yes, I know about this page and it is how I know that the values are incorrect and that there is a lack of consistency over the Value discount.
My adding up shows that they are £1 per month less then it should be.
kar999
Grafter

Looks like the whole referral system has gone bosoms up... I've had an open ticket for over a month now  bouncing back and forth between the customer service pool teams....
"I understand the frustration but until the issue is resolved we are unable to add any credit note relating to the referrals to your account, this is because once our development team have resolved the issue you will be automatically credited with ALL outstanding referral payments and will therefore not be out of pocket.
This is affecting a relatively large amount of users and as such needs to be investigated as a whole rather than on a person by person case. Thank you for your continued understanding and patients in this matter."
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Ah, that's the first I've seen acknowledging it's a more widespread problem since I initially spoke to a CS person back in August, who told me it was an issue they were aware of. Otherwise it seems to have been treated as a one-off blip, even when told it's being discussed here!
I'm getting a special discount next month for the amount that keeps not being taken off my bill, in case it still isn't sorted by then. A grand total of 75p! Cheesy
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
we do have an open problem which has increased in priority as it has affected more users. From initial investigation it seems that in the majority of instances the referrals are just delayed but the investigation is still happening and I will update here once I think the problem has been fixed.
Jojo Smiley
kmilburn
Grafter

I take it the problem has still not been resolved,  or should I raise a ticket directly about the issue.
Last month my referral was £1 short,  but the current referral credit showed as £1.
This month (i.e. todays bill)  it is £2 short, (based on the referral credit from yesterday),  and I now have a current referral credit of £2.
It seems whatever is causing the problem is accruing more credit each month, but not using it.
Kevin.
kar999
Grafter

I'd raise a ticket . At least that way you have it all logged.
The problem just continues to drag on and on... I've just received the normal ongoing update......
"We are unable to answer your Question [ ###7 ] at the moment. The Support Team will keep the Question open, and will provide an update as soon as possible.
The following comment has been added to the Question:
[internal]
Placing on hold awaiting update on the problem.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 7th October at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the CSC - G until this time."
Not applicable

Well at least they have sent you some form of communication. I opened this thread on 21st August 2010, sending in a ticket at the same time.
All I have had is the usual 'A Question has been Received......' response.
I will get all mixed up as to what I am actually owed if it is not sorted out soon.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

As a result of this thread I decided to look at my referrals - I get a small payment every now and again.
Very strange, I saw a figure for "earned this month" that was clearly unrealistic. And the list of referrals includes a name I don't recognise at all, alongside those that I do. Maybe I got a secondhand referral somehow?
Anyway, I'm happy to let it all work out eventually. As long as it is REALLY being looked at.  Lips_are_sealed
itsme
Grafter

I also having problems with my referral payments.
2 to 3 days before my billing date I had a current referral of £2.50. This was made up of £2 for this months referral and 50p from a missing payment from last month. Received my  bill yesterday and £1 referral discount was applied and my current referral is £1. Questions:
1. Why did I not receive all referral payments?
2. What has happen to the 50p?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, just to let you know, problem ID63191 is still open, I'm monitoring the progress of this so I'll reply back here when it's been fixed.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

If I go to my Current Referrals page, it is completely blank.
  Sad
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydiscount_static_info&r_action=Current_Referrals&?membermenu...
I wanted to check the status of a new referral I made last month (3 month free).
I normally have quite a few referrals showing.
avatastic
Grafter

The blank page is a known (but ignored) issue caused by the systems that do the billing crashing the database* that handles referrals so they're not viewable.
Its usually cleared up by now but try it again later and it'll be working.
Cheers,
A.
(* Crashing the database is speculative and may not be occurring. If it is I think I found the cause of the problem guys ...)
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Mine was like that last night but it seems to have sorted itself out now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.