Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I join the FTTC Trial?

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: May I join the FTTC Trial?

Just managed to raise 2 tickets for that as another email has come through with a different ticket number - don't know how i managed that  Embarrassed
The original ticket number is: 37736563 and the duplicate is 37736575.
As my broadband speed has dropped to a pathetic 750kbs it would be heaven to get on this trial asap. Estimated at 30.2mbps with an upload of 6.6mbps  Grin
I'm free any day except the New Years Eve and can accommodate morning or afternoon visits. So the earliest possible apppointment the better   Smiley
GuvnorTel

Hi,
I have ticket 37373122 open but still haven't had a response. It's been a few weeks since raising the ticket, so please can you see about getting me on the trials!
Thanks,
Tel.
citruszest
Dabbler

Hi Dave
I am interested in joining FTTC trial.
My exchange is enabled and my line can support FTTC.  (killyleagh county down)
Ticket 37764594 (original request)    and
Ticket 37849417 (added dates on this ticket as where not on original ticket)
Any date Mon-Fri suits really
Thanks
Gerard

stallan
Grafter

Hi Dave,
I'm interested in joining the Trial..
Ticket raised 37903888
"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 34.2Mbps and upstream line speed of 7.5Mbps."
Any day (mon-Fri)  is fine      Smiley
thanks,
John
unbound
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
Out of interest (especially given the foul weather of last week) - What is the ticket handling lead time at the moment wrt FTTC? I'm kind-of expecting a slightly larger back-log than the initial 1-2 week estimate (and everyone and his dog is probably trying to jump on this!).
Cheers
Tim.
scorp668

Hi Dave
 I know your extreamly busy but by any chance do you have any further updates on the fibre trials.  Cry
Ticket No #37337384
Also but unsure if it helps any Ive found out that GuvTel on ticket number #37373122 live's in a property opposite me  Cheesy
Best regards
Rich
GuvnorTel

Nice on Rich  Wink
Still waiting to get the green light  Embarrassed
Tel.
leng
Grafter

OK, I've opened ticket 38025404.  I've specified 3 days as requested but any time from 27th december to 7th january would be fine.
Actually, the ticket has been open for at least 5 minutes so I'm a little disappoined I haven't already received a confirmed date. Smiley
unbound
Dabbler

Quote from: leng
Actually, the ticket has been open for at least 5 minutes so I'm a little disappoined I haven't already received a confirmed date. Smiley

I suspect there is a bit of a lag in all this at the mo. Mines been untouched for 2 weeks (37594234) and wouldn't be surprised if it's not updated before the new year (given expected bad weather / christmas etc)
davidb1

Hi, I am not sure if any Plus.Net people actually look at this forum any longer, but if you do, I requested access to the trial on the 24th November [37369507] and so far I have heard nothing. I understand if you are busy, but at least acknowledging that to customers would be helpful so that we are kept informed. I am sure the SLA dealing with my ticket is now past, so it must be showing up in red somewhere.
Anyone else not getting any reponse?

db
unbound
Dabbler

Quote from: davidb1
Anyone else not getting any reponse?

Mines a week younger than yours, and no action on there either.
It does seem to be a bit 'luck of the draw' though as http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91622.0.html is a much newer ticket mentioned on the forum, and that's been processed.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Apologies but we are a bit behind with FTTC tickets at the moment with a 2-3 week backlog. We're training some of the CSC guys to pick up the orders and also handle any tech problems that come up such as help on install day. Hopefully we'll be able to pick them up next week (snow dependent this weekend). There are now no appointments available in December. I'd kindly as everyone to be patient and we'll process the tickets through as quick as we can.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Dave are you sure it is only a 2-3 week backlog as David1's post above, if accurate, would suggest 4 weeks may be nearer the mark  Shocked
spiggy

Can anyone please tell me how to join a fttc trial? I have asked on the support pages and twitter and, unusually for plusnet, had no response. I really don't want to go over to bt infinity.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Link to information is on this page: http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)