Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload to mediafire

edbangor
Grafter

Can't upload to mediafire

Hope this is the right section?
For the last week or so I've been unable to upload files to mediafire which, previously worked without issue. 
All the pages load as they should, including their java based uploader, but nothing is ever uploaded.
Working with thier support team, I've tried several different ways around this including disabling all my firewalls, anti virus etc but nothing has made any difference the uploader just hangs there, as if it's starting to upload, but not actually doing anything.
This morning mediafire help team sent the following message.
Hello,
Thank you for contacting MediaFire. We would like to thank you for your patience and willingness to assist us in troubleshooting the uploading issue that you are currently experiencing. After much research and troubleshooting our Technical Team has come to the conclusion that there have been some changes made by your ISP. We have received numerous complaints from users such as yourself that are experiencing the same frustration as you are and all are customers residing in the UK.
We would suggest that you contact your internet service provider and tell them you are not happy that this issue is occurring.
Hearing from customers may help expedite the process of us working with them to resolve the matter.
Again, we thank you for your patience in this matter and look forward to a long working relationship with you.
Best Regards,

Andrea,
The Mediafire Team

Are they just passing the buck or did PN do 'something' in the last couple of weeks?
And is anyone else on PN having issues like this?
23 REPLIES 23
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can't upload to mediafire

Hi there,
Is this for a paid account? Just wondering as if it's not we can test from here and see if we can replicate the issue.
With regard to changes there's nothing we've done that should affect the uploading of files. I'm assuming you get no error messages at all?
edbangor
Grafter

Thanks for the replay.
It's a free account but I have the same issue when I'm not logged into the account and just using the "open" service on the mediafire front page.
And, no, there's no error message. The flash based uploader just hangs and, eventually has to be cancelled.
edbangor
Grafter

Erm, seems the entire mediafire.com site can't be reached from now....  I'm getting this on the home page.
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.mediafire.com/
The following error was encountered:
    * Connection to 38.114.196.10 Failed
The system returned:
    (111) Connection refused
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
Generated Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:02:15 GMT by pcl-iwfcache03.plus.net (squid)

Is this a PN thing or have they 'gone'?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just tried from the internal network here and also from a non-Plusnet line and it's looking like the site is down:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/mediafire.com
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geduk

I've had the same issue trying to upload to Mediafire when logged in as a free user, though I've had no problems at all actually accessing the site.
I first had this issue in mid-April, but it was fine a few days later. I didn't use the site at all in May, and trying to upload the other day I found that the problem was back. The upload speed indicator on Mediafire shows that the speed starts off pretty good, then within about 10 seconds drops to nothing. It remains there for about 2 minutes, before starting to pick up again. Sadly, this 2 minute hiatus in the upload means all uploads fail. The same problem occurs with IE, Firefox and Opera.
I successfully uploaded to the same Mediafire account from my work computer, so I presume it's a plusnet issue.
I hope this can be resolved soon.
Damian
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I'm wondering whether or not this is something to do with our IWF caches, did Mediafire mention what other UK ISPs are affected?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

edbangor
Grafter

All they said was mentioned in the first post.
Although I've tried accessing my (mediafire) account from a computer on Sky broadband, and that worked. (not that I'd suggest for a moment that Sky is better than PN obviously)
dick:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've raised a problem to our Networks team to see if anything our side is causing problems.
ref 62217
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
edbangor
Grafter

Thank you.
jim:quote
geduk

Things seem to have deteriorated as of yesterday evening. I was able to upload the files I needed from work, without any access problems. At home, I tried out the download links, around 9pm BST. The first two I tried worked fine, and after that each download page would not completely load - it stuck at "Processing Download Request", without ever getting as far as "Click here to start download." I tried again at home this morning, and had the same problem for all the mediafire links. I checked the mediafire homepage and couldn't access it at all. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/mediafire.com reported no problems with the site.
I've just checked from work, and there are no problems accessing mediafire here.
I was hoping things would improve, but the problem seems only to have got much worse.
I look forward to this issue being resolved.
Damian
edbangor
Grafter

Nothing appears to have changed for me.
I can still access the mediafire home page, log in, and get to my files, I can still download from there.
Still can't upload anything though.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: edbangor
Nothing appears to have changed for me.

It won't have changed because we haven't done anything!
Whilst a problem was raised last week, our Network engineers haven't had the time to pick it up yet in light of the data centre issues we've only just recovered from.
I've given them another nudge so hopefully it'll not be long now before the problem's resolved...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

edbangor
Grafter

Quote from: Bob

It won't have changed because we haven't done anything!
Whilst a problem was raised last week, our Network engineers haven't had the time to pick it up yet in light of the data centre issues we've only just recovered from.
I've given them another nudge so hopefully it'll not be long now before the problem's resolved...

Actually Bob I wasn't nudging you, but commenting to geduk for whom things had got worse by pointing out that things hadn't for me.
Still now the engineers have been 'nudged'....
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just approved the change control for the fix so with any luck it's be sorted by the end of the day...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team