cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

League of legends, high ping

swider
Dabbler

League of legends, high ping

Anyone else has problems with high ping in that game?
My good ping is about 200 ms during the day, but in the evening (esp. after 10 pm) it is really huge, the game shows 999 ms, and I think it may be even more .
53 REPLIES 53
paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: League of legends, high ping

Just downloading it now to try out , should be done within 20 mins.
Will let you know how the pings are with me in a bit  Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

At least it's on PN's Ellacoya list.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
swider
Dabbler

Yes it is but min ping I had was 170 ms, and max ping was >999 ms I think it was few seconds to be honest.
dick:quote
paulpicks21
Grafter

Downloaded it , installed it and had a go , but for the life of me I cannot find where it displays your ping in game?Huh
Its done my head in.
swider
Dabbler

It is on loading screen, when you see all the champions just before game starts.
During the game in right upper corner there is something like 4 small rectangles if they are full it means you ping is too high.
dick:quote
paulpicks21
Grafter

Ok had a look at my ping when the game was loading , seems  I had the lowest of everyone , it was 35 by the time the loading was nearly done.
And in game none of the little squares in the corner were lit up.
Will try it again this evening to see if that changes my ping much , but seems fine so far.
Cheers
Paul.
swider
Dabbler

My ping was 170-200 do you think that I should rise a ticket?
paulpicks21
Grafter

What is your ping like with other stuff?
Try pinging bbc.co.uk  from the command prompt
Whats your results of a test on - www.pingtest.net   (edited to add - you need the latest version of java installed to run the test properly , it gives a link on there)
And whats it like in other games if you have any?
swider
Dabbler

I usually don't have big problems with ps3 games, apart from MGO and COD, but ping in PC games is strange, usually very high in the evenings (even few seconds: League of Legends, UT) , and low/avarage earlier.
The strange thing about UT was, in the servers browser ping was very low, but when I joined the server it was very high.

This is result of the test I've made few minutes ago.
paulpicks21
Grafter

Well everything looks great on pingtest.
Not sure what it could be to be honest.
Recon either raise a ticket or hope a member of staff see's this and looks into it for you.
swider
Dabbler

Ok so during the weekend it was much better, but yesterday (Monday) I had few seconds delay in the game (in the evening) , anyone else has problems with the game during evening?
I raised a ticket already and I wait for answer, but the ping is even worse than before , even in the afternoon now,anyone else has got similar problems?
swider
Dabbler

I made mistake of creating account on US servers and it was the reason for high ping in the morning, BUT between 10 pm -12 pm lag is still terrible above 1 second, and I raised a ticket, and was told that nothing can be done about it.
Is there anyone who can tell me if he or she experience the same problem between 10pm-12pm?
Viper81

I've also been having problems with the game the last few days. It's anytime after 19:30 really for me though, my in game latency just sits around the 500ms mark which means it's unplayable really 😕
scootie
Grafter

just downloading this game now and will see how it runs on this none PN connection