Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for ADSL2+

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Settings for ADSL2+

I am going from Homesurf (legacy) to Extra today and from order info it looks as if the transfer is complete. No change in connection speeds yet, but will be patient.
However do I need to alter any settings in my router (Netgear DG834) to make ADSL2+ fully functional? My search attempt in the FAQs have found nothing so far.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
19 REPLIES 19
stallan
Grafter

Re: Settings for ADSL2+

The attached modulation mode works for me
Luzern
Hero

No can find Smiley Where is modulation mode located?
BTW router is v3 with latest firmware with no wireless network.  OS is Win7
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

lucerne it should be set up to switch automatically between modes, you shouldn't need to change a thing..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Vip3r
Grafter

lucerne, in the tickets you have about your upgrade, do they explicitly say that you have been upgraded to 21CN or ADSL2+? I don't think this happens on the same day as your package is changed.
As for the image stallan has posted, I think this is using the DGTeam firmware not the standard Netgear, so you won't see that option on yours.
randpwar
Grafter

I too would like to know how to get to the settings described in stallan’s attachment as the OP happens to have the same router as myself
stallan
Grafter

Yep - Sorry, it's DGTeam firmware I use
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: adiewoo
... it should be set up to switch automatically between modes...
Just in case Wink
I need to do a manual config. Where can I find the appropriate settings?
chrisoldinho
Grafter

You will need the DGTeam FW. Its easy to get hold os and you will need to upgrade you're router following the guide on the DGTeam web site. I recommend using NFTP to upgrade as it's much less hassle in the long run than the damn Netgear XP utility that only works with certain LAN cards.
Web interface upgrades have been known to brick the router which isn't an issue as you can upgrade using one of the above utilities afterwards but might as well save yourself the trouble to begin with Smiley
Hary
Grafter

An explanation of the various modes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITU_G.992.5
My Linksys router has a dropdown menu with different options, but is actually set to multimode
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: Vip3r
lucerne, in the tickets you have about your upgrade, do they explicitly say that you have been upgraded to 21CN or ADSL2+?...
From qyestions
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Pending Provisioned Service \'WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A)\' added as a part of Account Change process
and the date should be 11-12/5. from another ticket.
randpwar
Grafter

Owing to this thread I noticed that my ADSL Settings on my DG834Gv3 was set to ADSL(G.DMT). I’ve changed this to Auto (Multi_mode) as I’m on ADSL2+. A router reboot hasn’t resulted in an increased sync speed. Will it increase once the BT equipment ‘sees’ the change and adjusts, would you expect any increase to be immediate or will it not make a jot of difference? 
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

When you are moved to 21CN it remains at ADSL1. You have to raise a ticket and ask PN to change you to ADSL2+, and while your at it get them to remove the upload restriction.
No amount of router reconfigs or reboots is going to get you an ADSL2+ connection as it is locked at the exchange.
Luzern
Hero

@Peter Vaughan. Just to check: is your post directed at both me and randpwar?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

To anyone on 21CN (ADSL2+ network) who is only getting ADSL1 connection... so the answer is yes.