Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product refresh

Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Product refresh

Quote from: paulellis
Is there any progress on 'converged' products (‘BT Home Hub’, ‘BT Fusion’ and ‘BT Vision’, etc) promised in PlusNet's commitments for 2007 - http://www.plus.net/features/news/plans2007.shtml

Home Hub has seen some progress and I believe should be ready for next quarter. Vision and Fusion are proving more challenging. You've highlighted that we need to get an update out on the plans for 2007, and I that's something I'll get raised internally now...
Thanks,
Ian
Assos
Grafter

Just to note I've split the last two posts in this thread off into a new thread to discuss business products...
mitchell20
Grafter

Any updates on this yet please?
James
Grafter

I'll try and chase regarding the home hub, but Fusion and Vision will be a way off as per Ian earlier posting.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Home Hub is looking like a tentative early November, depending on other work completion, but we're hopeful to get this out then.
Again, apologies for the other services being delayed.  We are as keen as you all are to get these out.
mitchell20
Grafter

Sorry, I actually meant an update about a residential product with a faster upload speed.
James
Grafter

We're looking at 2008 at the earliest for ADSL2+ currently.
This isn't a fast moving thing but I'll update once further information is available.
James
Grafter

Max Premium is a business product, but I'll have a word with Ian.
Be3G
Grafter

PJ - it was in this thread that Ian mentioned the £10 a month idea. And to PN, FWIW, depending on the cost, I also might be quite interested in a Max Premium-based product too.
Ianwild
Grafter

Guys - I know I asked before, and I will confess I didn't keep a list...
If those of you prepared to pay £10 a month for 832Kbps Upload and the same PlusNet product you are on now could email me (iwild@plus.net) with your username I will look at the best way to provide this for you in the short term.
I'm thinking along the line of (if I can get 10 people to make it worth my while), arranging to manually bill you @ £30 per quarter (In advance) and putting the order on manually. Lets call it a quick and dirty beta trial, and I'll do the administration myself!
In the longer term this is on the Roadmap for BBYW, but we don't have the development time right now to implement the needed changes.
Ian
puddy
Grafter

The last idea to change products i.e BBYW meant a cut in service
BBYW off peak time was cut to 12am to 9am which is why I refused to sign up
My contract is 12am to 4pm off peak
but I would like to see off peak time all weekend
puddy
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: puddy
My contract is 12am to 4pm off peak
but I would like to see off peak time all weekend

Why would weekends be classed as off-peak? This is one of the most used periods of the week, so is technically all peak time.
James
Grafter

Puddy,
The entire point of peak time is it reflects times when the network is busy.  It is not quiet during to weekends - everyone is at home!
Noone is forcing you to sign up on BBYW.  If you are happy on your current product then by all means stay on it.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Ian
Anyway, if anyone thinks we are still missing obvious feature improvements that will help improve customer satisfaction or drive sales, then I hope you will feel free to raise them and seek support from others - If that process works, the actual tool that records the idea and supports the prioritisation process is secondary!
Ian

Ian and James,
There is still a hole in your product set which has been opened even wider by the discontinuation of the £14-99 PayG product.
NewNet have a BBYW Pro-like product which is priced at £11-99 with a 3GB included usage. Newnet have stated that this "Lite" product is their most profitable because most of their "Lite" users use less than half of their allowance.
PlusNet ought to be able to cream this market with a "Pro-Lite" product with all traffic in Titanium or Gold queues but with a low included usage of say 2GB as you had with PayG. I believe that you could offer this at £10-99 with additional GBs @~£1.
Now, you have asked me before why I need my traffic in the Gold or higher queue. The answer is largely intangible and goes back to the pain I suffered with BB+ taking 3 hours to FTP a 15MB Printer Driver. I never want to go there again and will pay whatever the best-of-breed ISps want to charge for it. At today's prices, the price is a paltry £11-99!
Come on guys, you could make me rich on my referrals alone!
R
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thats me too!
I'm in exactly the same market segment as Wheel_nut. Relatively low usage but uncompromising in terms of speed