cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Line Speed, Does PN need to look at how this is managed?

itsme
Grafter

Current Line Speed, Does PN need to look at how this is managed?

In the past I have experienced a significant drop in sync speed due to some random event and BT IP profile has dropped accordingly. A resync of the modem has regained the normal sync speed and as the drop in IP profile had been significant BT's DLM have changed within the time frame as specified by Kitz here.
My last sync event was a couple of days ago and BT IP profile recovered as per the Kitz table dead on the 12 hours but I had to wait a further 24 hours for PN to mirror this change. Why is this, is it down to BT system not forwarding the information on or PN system not looking often enough?
It does not make sense for a 4, 12 and 24 hour recovery on BT side if we than have to wait another 24 hours for PN to update.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Current Line Speed, Does PN need to look at how this is managed?

BT have to inform PN, who then run a script at about 10 in the Morning
itsme
Grafter

Timestamp of this post minus Uptime: 0 days, 14:39:27 = 01:55 approximately when PN disconnected me to update the profile. So not sure were the 10am come from.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Does PN need to look at how this is managed?

Yes, and we are doing, however I'm unable to confirm any timescales for development at the moment.
The scripts that update the profile at our side need re-factoring.
We'll probably look at doing this once we've done a similar thing with our Home Phone call processing scripts.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

itsme
Grafter

That's good to know.
In the past the slowness of PN to update the Current Line Speed has worked in my favour. This is when I have noticed a drop in the BT profile, which had not been picked up by PN, done a reboot of the modem for the IP profile to recover after 4 hours before PN have run the script. So PN never saw the drop in IP profile.
gyre
Grafter

Maybe, he says naively, there could be a 'nudge' button on the control panel so that we could force synchronization with the BT profile if needbe?  Obviously with some kind of 'oy, you used this in the last minute' or something to stop abuse.
-- gyre --
Mand
Grafter

You need a login to the relevant BT Wholesale site to get the real time check, not sure we'd go for putting that on the portal TBH.
Nice idea though.