cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often is line speed updated

MrRossco

How often is line speed updated

Hi,
I have had some issues with my adsl modem that casused it to drop connections and re-sync at lower speeds than the line was capable of, as a result my line speed has been downgraded by BT. I bought a replacement modem and have since be synced at a solid 6350 kbps so was wondering if and when my line speed would be increased to reflect the sync or do I need to disconnect\reconnect to force a change?
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How often is line speed updated

it should take about 3 days for the BT systems to trigger a change in tthe ipProfile and up to 12 hours after that for thr Plusnet system to catch up (they do it twice a day)
MikeyM
Grafter

From my experience running a couple of bt speed tests speeds this up loads. Have you done any?
MrRossco

I haven't run any speed tests since noticing my line speed change but its got to be worth giving it a try.
Thanks for the info.
MrRossco

Just ran a speed test and yes it seems my line speed has been adjusted according to my new sync speed. Just waiting for the plusnet change now  :).
Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your speed profile on your side is showing as 5500 which matches the IP profile on our side, it updated Saturday afternoon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Oldjim
it should take about 3 days for the BT systems to trigger a change in the ipProfile and up to 12 hours after that for thr Plusnet system to catch up (they do it twice a day).

The line profile script is only running once a day at the moment.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why - surely having to wait up to 24 hours for a speed increase isn't acceptable