Did you mean: 

are you stupid?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: are you stupid?

Quote from: monkey001
yeah good point if i still ill do that
also when my phone rings my nets lags out ?

So your internal wiring is in good condition?  Grin Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Is there a conflict of answers here, between what Matt Taylor said, and what Mand said earlier...? Undecided  Huh
monkey001
Grafter

Quote from: Taxisofevil
Quote from: monkey001
yeah good point if i still ill do that
also when my phone rings my nets lags out ?

So your internal wiring is in good condition?  Grin Grin Grin

yeah so said by BT and i got im to check one of the sockets i used to put my router in but everything is in the test socket
and yes i need a new keyboard keeps missing words out
Quote from: shutter
Is there a conflict of answers here, between what Matt Taylor said, and what Mand said earlier...? Undecided  Huh

im not the only one that noticed then
basically im being fobbed off till after xmas because they cant be bothered to sort it out
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think a simple test might shed a little light. Can you plug the router with it's filter only in to the test socket inside the master socket with no telephones connected at all. Now bring up the router stats page and watch them while you ring your number using a mobile. If you can't see that affecting the stats it means that it is more likely that the fault is your side of the master socket and hence your responsibility. If the stats are affected (and/or the modem drops out) it's almost certain that the fault is BT's side of the master socket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran

I wonder if Mand , and Matt Taylor, will get their heads together in the morning, and sort out this mess between them and at least get the "story" straight, before posting again.  Undecided
shutter
Community Veteran

An excellent test, Jelv.... perhaps this should also be put into the "standard" test procedures.... never thought of it, but it should work. !  Wink
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi monkey001,
I'm sorry that you feel like this,
Once we raise the fault to BT they will change the interleaving to auto, first step for them to deal with DCN faults. The interleaving was initially off as you've mentioned
You are about 6.6 KM away from the exchange with a line attenuation approx 62. BT engineers are only responsible for establishing the DSL service (getting the Sync light on your router) they have nothing to do with Ping time and latency, unfortunately their Best Practice doesn't oblige them to do an apparatus test (login with BT domain). So discussing latency and ping time with Open Reach Engineers wouldn't resolve your issue.
The speed is acceptable for your line, The fault is in awaiting appointment so we can send you an SFI. All you need to do is to give the CSC a ring and they will happily book it for you. But I would only recommend this if you still think that you have DSL fault.
As I mentioned before, BTwholesale have already put interleaving to Auto, We can change this back for you but might cause an intermittent PPP or Sync due to loop loss (line length)
If you think that this is not a DSL fault, but more like ping latency issue. All you need to do is to provide us with a trace router to ntp.plus.net and any other server you are trying to access. You can also use WinMTR.
If this is an online gaming issue then Wireshark is the best way to progress.
Our Network team have an SLA of 2 working days to respond to any Network Related or Traffic Shaping query for residential accounts.
I really hope that we can get your broadband fault resolved as soon as possible, We can still book an SFI if you have a DSL fault for tomorrow, so please give our CSC a call if you have done all test and you are confident that you have a DSL fault. Please bear in mind that SFIs are not network engineers and do not deal with TCP/IP related issues very often.
shutter
Community Veteran

So, why wasn`t all this information given to monkey001, when he originally posted his ticket?  Why does it take a rant on the forum, to get any response that is meaningful. instead of "aut
"we have turned interleaving on" messages.  or are we, as customers, being too demanding by expecting "proper" responses. Undecided
monkey001
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I think a simple test might shed a little light. Can you plug the router with it's filter only in to the test socket inside the master socket with no telephones connected at all. Now bring up the router stats page and watch them while you ring your number using a mobile. If you can't see that affecting the stats it means that it is more likely that the fault is your side of the master socket and hence your responsibility. If the stats are affected (and/or the modem drops out) it's almost certain that the fault is BT's side of the master socket.

I'll be honest i havent a clue what im looking for so i done it normal,phone out of the filter ringing,phone in filter ringing,phone in filter and answered.
the time it happened i was using my pc and ps3 at the same time both online and my pc losed connection and my ps3 lagged out
dick:orange Duplicate post removed.
monkey001
Grafter

Quote from: RamiDoodle
Hi monkey001,
I'm sorry that you feel like this,
Once we raise the fault to BT they will change the interleaving to auto, first step for them to deal with DCN faults. The interleaving was initially off as you've mentioned
You are about 6.6 KM away from the exchange with a line attenuation approx 62. BT engineers are only responsible for establishing the DSL service (getting the Sync light on your router) they have nothing to do with Ping time and latency, unfortunately their Best Practice doesn't oblige them to do an apparatus test (login with BT domain). So discussing latency and ping time with Open Reach Engineers wouldn't resolve your issue.
The speed is acceptable for your line, The fault is in awaiting appointment so we can send you an SFI. All you need to do is to give the CSC a ring and they will happily book it for you. But I would only recommend this if you still think that you have DSL fault.
As I mentioned before, BTwholesale have already put interleaving to Auto, We can change this back for you but might cause an intermittent PPP or Sync due to loop loss (line length)
If you think that this is not a DSL fault, but more like ping latency issue. All you need to do is to provide us with a trace router to ntp.plus.net and any other server you are trying to access. You can also use WinMTR.
If this is an online gaming issue then Wireshark is the best way to progress.
Our Network team have an SLA of 2 working days to respond to any Network Related or Traffic Shaping query for residential accounts.
I really hope that we can get your broadband fault resolved as soon as possible, We can still book an SFI if you have a DSL fault for tomorrow, so please give our CSC a call if you have done all test and you are confident that you have a D SL fault. Please bear in mind that SFIs are not network engineers and do not deal with TCP/IP related issues very often.

Thank you for replying
First its has always been a ping problem ive been having one minute its fine for a few months then it goes downhill again.
I'm unsure on what to do with wireshark can be be used to test the ps3/xbox as it is that what i online game on.
I'll keep router stating today and post a few up those in my previous post have been done today.
I only complained in this thread about my phone/connection issue as it has only just happend /made me aware of it since i posted this i will see what the other people say about my stats first as i've not got a clue really.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The most interesting figure in those screen shots is the WAN up time - 2 days 15 hours - that shows your router is not losing it's connection to the outside world and that any loss of service you are getting is within your equipment. Your noise margin does however seem to be jumping around a bit which is a little concerning - could you post a picture of the noise margin graph from RouterStats please. Overall the figures look good - the errored seconds is very low compared to the up time. I don't think you have a connection problem.
Forgive me if you have already said, but are you using a wired or wireless connection to the router and is your phone a cordless phone?
monkey001
Grafter

pc is wireless form the router plugged in the test socket and yeah a cordless phone
ping doesnt seem to bad atm but i know last night it was bad
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have you tried switching the router to use a different wireless channel?
Are you able to perform tests using wired?
monkey001
Grafter

No i havent tried that
yeah done that one wired as i always use that for my ps3
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Are you seeing any drop-outs from the ps3 - if so are they full drop outs or are they maybe DNS failures?