Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

For  discussion of the changes as posted here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,81536.0.html
Edit - Title clarified
49 REPLIES 49
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C

Thankyou for the Xmas present  - NOT ,  Mr.Vollmer
Well I see that certain "headline" information is yet again missing from your e-mail Jim, but buried away in a second level document - Mr.Vollmer and/or his immediate advisers are just not listening are they?
Well, I haven't received my e-mail yet (E&W's) so when it arrives I shall be complaining about anything I don't like, but the first thing will be that I've not had 30 days notice!
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So the basic line rental (less VAT) must be increasing because £9.52 + 17.5% = £11.19 not £11.25. Even if you add the 2.5% increase to the current £10.95 it comes to £11.23. Don't sound like much but all the pennies add up at the end of the month. What happened to the 30 day notice as well?
sladkart
Grafter

I don't remember the line rental going down when VAT was reduced earlier in the year? But my aged brain cells have been known to fail me.  Anyone remember?
glloyd
Rising Star

Work out how much call charges are increasing as well. I see the chance is being taken for customers to be ripped off.
Old call charge 4.5pp + 2.5% increase in VAT  = 4.62pp
New charge 5.25pp an increase of  0.63pp
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Odd:
We're writing to let you know that the government is increasing VAT on 1st January 2010 from 15% back to 17.5%. So, from your January bill onwards the monthly subscription for your PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 (Monthly Contract) account will revert back to the same price it was in November 2008.

So mine is going back to what it was. I've not yet had any email about my phone services.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
Quote from: glloyd
So the basic line rental (less VAT) must be increasing because £9.52 + 17.5% = £11.19 not £11.25.

The FAQ explains that the new price includes the VAT changes plus an increase of 6p.
Quote from: robr
I don't remember the line rental going down when VAT was reduced earlier in the year? But my aged brain cells have been known to fail me.  Anyone remember?

Yep, prices were reduced.
Work out how much call charges are increasing as well. I see the chance is being taken for customers to be ripped off.

Call prices are going up slightly too. Most calls are inclusive these days though (particularly on Anytime).
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: SteveA
So mine is going back to what it was. I've not yet had any email about my phone services.

Yep, legacy BB products return to the prices they were before the changes last year (we rounded them down to make the prices marketing-friendly, so are rounding back up now).
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mand

Yep, legacy BB products return to the prices they were before the changes last year (we rounded them down to make the prices marketing-friendly, so are rounding back up now).

So I'll get a separate one about changes to my phone charges then?
Mand
Grafter

Yep, depending on your phone product.
glloyd
Rising Star

I'm getting very fed up with PlusNet keep sneaking in crafty price increases in the hope people won't notice. You should not have to search around for FAQ's to find increases in charges. The home phone is getting less competitive all the time and with all the hassle reporting faults and getting them fixed it's no advantage staying with PlusNet, may just as well move back to BT.
Quote from: Mand
Hi guys,
So the basic line rental (less VAT) must be increasing because £9.52 + 17.5% = £11.19 not £11.25.

The FAQ explains that the new price includes the VAT changes plus an increase of 6p.

Call prices are going up slightly too. Most calls are inclusive these days though (particularly on Anytime).

Spider
Grafter

I wouldn't call it sneaky as it as been known for 12 months that the VAT rate is going back up to 17.5%. I would expect a better reminder than just reading it on the forum when it is obvious that some products (ie the new broadband ones) will absorb the VAT increase in their headline grabbing prices.
glloyd
Rising Star

It's not the increase in VAT I am talking about, it's all the other increases that have been sneaked in at the same time.  As per the norm you have to hunt for them and do your own calculations.
Mand
Grafter

Re: Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

@SteveA, after looking into this we haven't sent any BB only emails, can you let me know the reference at the bottom of your mail please?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Changes to Home Phone Pricing and T&C for phones and broadband

If you haven't sent any BB only emails their T&C's are NOT changing on 1st January!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)