Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Refresh summary

coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh summary

@daviddoc :
All the emails come back with an 18 month contract.    PN staff then have to alter it manually to a 12 month contract if you are an existing customer and have requested this.    That is, of course, subject to you not having any additional hardware. ie: wireless router at the time of the change.
James
Grafter

Hi David,
I've replied to your ticket.
You're on a 12 month contract and will definitely be paying £5.99.
daviddoc
Grafter

Thanks for speedy reply
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Jameseh
I've replied to your ticket.
You're on a 12 month contract and will definitely be paying £5.99.

This does raise a question in my mind.  Some time down track when the 'Contract' is referred to, which version is the reference document?  The original email the client has which quotes 18 Months or the agreed amendment onn the internal Plusnet system?
In my view the client should receive a copy of the amended contract terms for reference.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

godsell4
Rising Star

If somebody is really concerned TODAY by what might happen in +12 months time, then create a new ticket asking for confirmation they are on a 12 months contract now so it can be referred to later if needed.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
wncfc
Grafter

"Recontract on your current product (£3 off for 12 months subject to a 12 month contract) "
Using this option, I changed my BBYW option 1 to a 12 month contract (ticket 28373463) on Thursday.  I mentioned this to my daughter in law, who tried to change Friday (28400765) but was told that this option is no longer available but could go on to the Value package.  This would cost more as neither of us are on a market 3 exchange.  So has this option suddenly changed overnight, or are the CSC analysts as confused over this as the rest of us? Huh
Edit:
We've since been told that the option is only open to Home Phone users (not mentioned anywhere else). After questioning this we were told it is not available on option 1(which is what I have recontracted on).  As I can't find any mention of all of this other than on this forum, does anyone really know what is going on?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: godsell4

If somebody is really concerned TODAY by what might happen in +12 months time, then create a new ticket asking for confirmation they are on a 12 months contract now so it can be referred to later if needed.
SW.

No!   It can happen anytime when (IF?) a user requests a MAC and discovers that the residual charges are based on an 18 month contract.   

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

its what i did because i signed up to 18 months on the first day of launch aka black tuesday. when they changed the contract for existing customers jamesh did the change but i also asked for him to put i ticket on my account just so i had it in black and white.
custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: daviddoc
Hi dont know if on right site.
Today i moved onto the £5.99 product with a 12 month contract.
I just received a e-mail saying i was on a 18month contract and being charged £9.75.
i AM IN MARKET3 SO SHOULD BE OK .
I told them in advance and was assured a note would be attached to my account so all would be ok.
Have sent  a ticket in so will let you know what happens.
What do you have to do to get them to get it right first time
Daviddoc

I have also just changed to Plusnet Value and as above have been sent an e-mail telling me that I am on an 18 month contract and the monthly charge is £9.75. I know that price is wrong as my account page clearly shows that the monthly charge is £11.99 (after the first 3 months). I assume the contract length will be adjusted (as per my request via a ticket) and expected to pay £11.99 but why is the monthly charge in the e-mail shown as £9.75 ? Where does that price come from?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

but why is the monthly charge in the e-mail shown as £9.75 ?

When I changed to Value, my email quoted my old price for PAYG!!! I think there's a bug somewhere. My invoice was correct tho at £5.99.
I raised a ticket requesting the 12 month contract and that seems to have been actioned ok.

ngins
Dabbler

Hi All, new forums user so apologies if this is the wrong place to post but looked like the most relevant.  I have just seen the new products and I am currently on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 2 which is 30.99 (with a domain name) per month.  The new packages seem to be cheaper but I have been trawling the support site and because my existing package is so old it seems almost impossible to compare what is now best value.  My main requirements are:
1) Internet only, fastest speed possible ADSL2+ when available
2) Keeping at least the same speed for like-for-like as I have now, faster if possible.  So no point getting a 'faster' package with much higher contention
3) Static IP (keeping the static IP I have ideally)
4) Don't need free router etc
5) Ideally short/pay monthly contract although not essential - I have been with PlusNet for years and have no intention of changing, I always just think a short contract means the company is confident they can keep you with the right product and services, but I understand the need to know where the n=money is coming form in order to provide services.
6) email to fax is useful but not essential
7) Roaming SMTP would be nice, currently I still have to use Google to send all my plus email as I can only use PlusNet SMTP server when directly connected - not sure if I can solve this with IMAP but a different question to be asked in a different post I guess 🙂
I don't really care about all the other things like multiple emails, web space etc.
Can anyone on the forum advise - is there a calculator somewhere I have missed or should I just get customer services to sort me out?Huh

Thanks for any help anyone can provides.
Cheers
Neil
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is a useful comparison http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm (note that the traffic shaping for al the Premier options is the same)
You will need to start a new 12 month contract
ADSL2 - not known at this stage
You keep all your existing addons - static IP, email to fax
There is no such thing as contention for general browsing but significant differences for other protocols as shown by the comparison site above
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: ngins
7) Roaming SMTP would be nice, currently I still have to use Google to send all my plus email as I can only use PlusNet SMTP server when directly connected - not sure if I can solve this with IMAP but a different question to be asked in a different post I guess 🙂

This is available on any products but not very well advertised - just set up an authenticated SMTP connection using your Plusnet username and password, and you'll be able to use it from anywhere.
paulby
Grafter

just set up an authenticated SMTP connection using your Plusnet username and password, and you'll be able to use it from anywhere.

Note that this needs to be your Plusnet account username and password (the same that you use to log into the member centre) and *not* any user name and password assosiated with extra mailboxes etc.
Also remember NOT to tick any boxes about secure password authentication.  For example, in Outlook Express tick the box that says "My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication" and hit "Settings".  On the next page select "Log on using..." and enter your PN user name and password.
ngins
Dabbler

great! thanks to all for your help.  I am glad I can finally use roaming smtp - i have raised several tickets on this over the years  - i should have tried here sooner!!
and on the package - it look like pro will save me nearly a tenner a month and have less shaping! great!