Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet breach of contract? Poor serivce and speeds

snobdr
Dabbler

Plusnet breach of contract? Poor serivce and speeds

I am writing this while extremely pissed off
The service i have had from plusnet since joining in October last year has been beyond poor
Ok, i am aware that i live in an area on a small exchange and that i can get  only reasonable download speeds
I am not a tech head and have no interest in being one all i want to do is use the internet and play a few games and i cant even do that with the crappy speeds and stupidly high pings.....all the time i have been a member i have NEVER been able to play a game online either through my pc or PS3 i have only recently tried as we had a baby before xmas and only now am i starting to get an odd hour or two to have a play online
So what can a non-tech head do - the bt line is new so i cant see there is any problems there, i have rebooted the router and have now run  out of ideas
If i cant even get a reasonable speed to use the internet (it can take minutes to get to the Plusnet speed checker!!) then i cant see how Plusnet are keeping their end of the bargain and are in breach of the contract.....(oh yes i am a lawer!! lol)
Rant off...for now
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet breach of contract? Poor serivce and speeds

As this is a new line there is no previous history to go by but the point I must make is that the only bit which will be new is from your local cabinet to your house - or even from the local pole to the house if there was a spare pair of wires there.
We now need to do a bit of detective work to find out the cause of the problem.
Can you advise the line statistics from your router.
If you don't know how to do that please advise the make and model of router.
Also could you advise what this says https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed (we will leave BT speedtests for later).
Finally which product are you on.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there
What setup do you have
Is your connection wired wireless or both ?
Is your router plugged into the master socket?
Are you using any extension cable ?
Have you tried changing filters?

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi snobdr,
I can see you raised a fault last night just before 11pm, which is currently under investigation with our faults team. I'll give them a nudge for you, there should be some more information on there for you shortly.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thanks Peter,
In which case I will leave it to the faults team