Did you mean: 

AVG free update problem

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: AVG free update problem

Thanks for the lifeline John Smiley I was sinking in a ocean of doubt Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've been suffering from update problems too over the last day or so. Same thing happened last year sometime IIRC. I'll give it a few days and then go back to Avast I think.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I upgraded an XP computer last Sunday to 8.5 (7.5 update said support was stopping on the 17th). Subsequent update ran without a problem. Haven't heard of an update issue since, but will check. (7.5 updates on 98SE/ME machines still working!).
An issue I have with that 8.5 upgrade is that Outlook is installed on that machine, but not used. Outlook Express used instead. AVG has installed itself to check Outlook and I can't find any setting to change it. I don't want to uninstall Outlook as one of them may want to use it in due course.
Anybody able to help on that?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I've had a few problems where update wouldn't happen automatically.  It seems to have corrected itself in the past week and working normally (fingers crossed).
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

No further problems with updates here.
Did another 8.5 install today. Solution to my query above is to pick Advanced Installation not Standard installation.