Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

php ?

Oleo
Grafter

php ?

How does one use it?
I have a simple php script and editor that enables web page editing from within a browser. All I am getting when I run the script is a dialogue box giving the choice of application to open it. So that means php is not working. I have the script working on other servers, but not on those by +net. cgi and sql are enabled, although sql is not required for the script to work.
All of the files are placed in the html directory with 777 perms set.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John
4 REPLIES 4
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Re: php ?

What was the server address you uploaded your file to? If you are using our CGI platform it needs to be cshell.plus.net.
Oleo
Grafter

Hi ben.
The address used for the files is :  username.plus.com (ftp.plus.net)
Looks like I have that bit wrong. Would I be correct in assuming that any php file has to go into the cgi-bin folder? How would they be accessible from www.username.plus.net?
Thanks
John
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You have uploaded the files to a server that doesn't have php! They should be uploaded to the ccgi server (cshell.plus.net) and you will access them using ccgi.username.plus.net
Be aware that in the not too distant future ccgi is going to be shut down (PHP and other software on it is hopelessly out of date). Instead we will have to use PAYH. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,69283.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oleo
Grafter

Thanks jelv.
I think I'll just quietly slide it into the 'too difficult pile'.
I was going to use the free space with the bb account as a sandbox so to speak, somewhere just to play with some scripts.
Thanks all the same.
John