cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exceed data allowance rip off, plusnet admitted to media last year

Plusnet200

exceed data allowance rip off, plusnet admitted to media last year

Hi, ever since i said i was leaving plusnet , they have added 40gb of charges to my account, the router wasnt even on when some of it was emailed and apparently used 5gb of data within an hour and half.
i have had plusnet value for years now and never exceeded the 10gb allowance then all of a sudden i receive emails stating youve exceeded gb usage.
11 feb 15;12 exceeded 20gb,
13 feb 15;11 exceeded 25gb,
13 feb 16;44 exceeded 30 gb,
14 feb 19;10 exceeded 35gb,
15 feb 10;10 exceeded 40gb,
then an email with an updated bill the next day.
numerous calls , repeating myself to various depts agreeing that as my routine hasnt changed this was suspicious billing.
Travis promised to call me back the following day between agreed time of 10;30-1100 but didnt call.
I rang at 13;00 giving him a chance to call, finally got to an advisor messaging him saying he would ring me back, i said wasted enough time ringing you and you let me down. Eventually he rang me as i insisted i would complain otherwise. i asked travis was there a problem ringing me back,  OH NO I FORGOT, not professional or acceptable.
As plusnet have last year admitted to the media that they had a fault with email gb billing the same as mine overcharging, i expected this to be refunded but no, they dont care.
Thanks plusnet for ripping me off , oh by the way, username BENJY33
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: exceed data allowance rip off, plusnet admitted to media last year

Hi there,
I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the usage charges, unfortunately due to the account type you're on they are correct.
I've checked your usage and can't find any problems or faults with it, your router has been connected throughout and there are no issues that would attribute incorrect usage to accounts.
the router wasnt even on when some of it was emailed and apparently used 5gb of data within an hour and half.

Usage isn't instantly shown on an account, it can take a few hours to appear so the emails may be from usage earlier in the day that has tipped you over your allowance.
I can see we've asked for the router to be turned off for a period of time so we can double check, however this doesn't seem to have happened unfortunately.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

this isn't the first time I have known this to happen.
One possible reason is that the customer has downloaded W10 in thebackground- that is a very big file .

Another is that he has some kind of virus is running.
Another - actually very common one - is that someone nearby has been able to hack into your wifi.
Finally I have known massive  usage to rack up on a customers account when another customer has somehow got hold of a router or wireless access point that still had the first customers log in details on it. In one case this occured when a PN customer from Lancashire gave a router to a friend who passed it on to another friend who after a year or so was clearing out and passed it on to to a third person in Norwich ! Person 3 plugged it in their phone line and it worked fine - even thought he had a subscription with a totally different ISP - he could access the internet with zero problems. The result was the Lancashire customer suddenly had bills approaching £70 a month because they were, like this customer on a plus net legacy package that is not unlimited usage. 
In each ca
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Finally I have known massive  usage to rack up on a customers account when another customer has somehow got hold of a router or wireless access point that still had the first customers log in details on it.

It's not this one, already checked and the only connections are from the customers own line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.