Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TG582n fibre router

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet TG582n fibre router

Good Afternoon,
I'm selling my fibre TG582n router on eBay and I'm led to believe that the fibre version will work on ADSL as there is an ADSL port.
If one could please advise me this is true or is a different matter, it would be greatly appreciated.
I have factory reset it and is waiting to go out in  tomorrows post.
Many Thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet TG582n fibre router

It will but you need to reconfigure it for ADSL after a factory reset
I hope that you advised the buyer of that
I also hope that you have unregistered it from your account with Plusnet otherwise it could cause problems although the TR-069 won't work on ADSL if the router was supplied for fibre
EDIT Just realised - you will probably need to reflash the firmware and there is no guarantee it will work http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think the 10.2.5.2 firmware has the easily visible option to switch between ADSL and FTTC usage, but 8.C.M.0 does not.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Okay thanks.
I will email the buyer and advise that I'll make sure the router is fit for purpose with the 10.2.5.2 firmware and that its removed from my account.
Thanks again.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Hope this is what I needed to do...
I've also made sure its 10.2.5.2  firmware.
NE