Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upstream interleaving and Stability Option

jg321
Grafter

Upstream interleaving and Stability Option

Hi,
Ever since my line has been to set to “Interleaving - On”, my upstream has been capped at 888Kbps. I believe this is related to the depth of 8 (see stats below), as previously, when interleaving has been set to auto, on this exact line and router, I’ve achieved around a megabit up (see http://postimg.org/image/7bber3o4p/). So my first request to staff is:
- Could the upstream interleaving depth be reduced in order to regain the full upload speed as before (when set to auto).
Please note, I want downstream interleaving to stay on, as the line has a lot of interference (external to me, these stats are from the NTE5 master with filtered faceplate, and has been confirmed with a dangly filter in the test socket). If upstream interleaving depth can’t be reduced, I’m happy for just upstream interleaving to be turned off (I’m sure I’ve seen this done in the past).
Also, since having interleaving enabled, DLM seems very aggressive in terms of errors. As the stats show, the MTBE is around 728. Even after over 20 solid days of sync, DLM shows no sign of lowering the target SNR despite the low error rate.
- Could a staff member also please confirm the DLM Stability Profile assigned to my line (i.e. Standard/Stable/Super Stable if I remember correctly)?
I’d be happy for a little more speed, at the expense of a few more errors - but fully understand if this is the best my line can achieve.
Thanks in advance.

Stats:
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):
ShowtimeStart (seconds)
SNR Margin (1 dB):
Downstream: 14.3
Upstream:  11.6

Attenuation (1 dB):
Downstream: 40.5
Upstream:  21.5
D (interleaver depth):
Downstream: 32
Upstream:  8
Delay (msec):
Downstream: 8
Upstream:  8
INP (DMT symbol):
Downstream: 1.00
Upstream:  2.00
Total ES:
Downstream: 2438
Upstream:  287
Total SES:
Downstream: 7
Upstream:  0
MTBE DS: 728
MTBE US: 6189
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Upstream interleaving and Stability Option

Your current profile is "WBC 160K - 24M Medium delay (INP 1) 15dB Downstream, UC Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)"
I've requested for interleaving to be turned off on your upstream and for your target SNR to go back to 6db.
That should take effect in the next 30 minutes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jg321
Grafter

That's great, thanks. I can see that has taken effect and the upstream is back up at 1135.
The reason I asked about the stability profile (the standard/stable/super-stable) is that the last time my SNR was reset, after around a week DLM ended up setting a 15dB target with a very low error rate (MTBE of over 700). Could you please confirm that I am in fact on the least aggressive option for this?
Thanks again.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Your on a standard stability profile at the moment.
We don't really change these around as the standard option usually gives the best compromise between stability and speed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jg321
Grafter

Understood, thanks for double checking and thanks again for your efforts.