cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Disgusted with plus net & Jess needs to do one!!!!!!!!

Hi
I’m sorry to see you’ve had problems with the service. A telephone fault will always take priority over your broadband. In the vast majority of cases the telephone fault will be causing the slow or intermittent broadband. We will therefore concentrate on the phone, and once this is sorted look at any remaining issues with the broadband (if there are any).
I’ve tested your line again, and I’ve raised the fault report to BT in the hope of speeding things up. The agent that tried to call you back actually did everything correctly. Yes, the fault showed as a loop fault, but we needed you to test to ensure nothing in the premises was causing a loop fault as can sometimes happen. Specifically in relation to the telephone fault, I cannot see what tests have been done either. I’m hoping the issue is external so that an engineer will find an external fault and resolve it for you fairly swiftly.
I’d advise against cancelling the direct debit, as has been pointed out, it can cause problems later down the line. The financial side of things will be looked at once the fault is fixed. I’ll put details on the ticket about that once you’ve got a working service.
The initial fault was raised as a broadband issue and can take longer to look at than a phone fault. Neither should take the five days that you quote.
Sometimes we can raise welfare cases for customers, but you haven’t given me any details which suggest that the case would be accepted. If you’d like to provide details on the ticket (95375878) I can assess this for you.

Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@HP
You are splitting hairs and nit-picking. The title of the NHS pages you linked is "How do I register as disabled? "
Clearly if you qualify for DLA or AA then that would be the criteria. BT's page says registered with your LA. Google not working Tongue
https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=28237&pageTit...   paragraph 9.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Anotherone
@HP
You are splitting hairs and nit-picking.
I think that's your speciality.  Grin We all know that there used to be such a thing as "Registered Disabled" but it doesn't exist any more as a single thing, as the NHS link explains, due to more enlightened legislation in recent decades.
(Though some authorities - not mine though - do run their own support schemes for certain categories of disability, e.g. http://www3.hants.gov.uk/register )
Thanks for the link, I must have been using the wrong search terms, though it looks like BT's T's& C's are also in need of a bit of clarity or updating to reflect the "modern" attitude to disabled people (such as myself).
Anyway, I don't want to digress too far from the main purpose of this thread, so I'll focus 100% now (in this thread) on helping kitkatsox resolves their issues, if I can.
Anotherone
Champion

I only nit-pick when someone's got something wrong - usually  Tongue - yes, alright, guilty as charged (sometimes).
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Thanks HP well I've finally at 17.43 had a form of reply from plusnet stating that they will raise the fault with their supplier! Est repair 3rd Dec could be sooner or later,
Offered to divert my calls and CHARGE ME FOR THE PRIVILEGE or tell him how my parents qualify as being a welfare case!!!!!! How the bleep would they qualify...... I'm (mores the pity) the idiot who chose plus net as my provider
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Oh and I just noticed that very discreetly they've added response time as 23.59  3.12.14
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've just had a look at the PlusNet T's and C's and can see nothing relevant to priority service for disabled/welfare or any other category.  Cry
If that's important you need to research suppliers - what did the previous one offer? (To be fair, you haven't said you registered with them....)
Meanwhile consider, as we have for our family member, backup systems. There are plenty of options.
In our case we have a permanently plugged-in (charging) PAYG mobile phone at a suitable location that we can call, plus our relative (who lives alone) has an emergency call button around their neck, though that goes via a "line-grabbing" device on the phone line, and I think that does a regular "continuity check".
They also have carers calling in 3 times a day so we think we've got most angles covered at present, but you do need to think through the possibilities for the situation you have.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: kitkatsox
Oh and I just noticed that very discreetly they've added response time as 23.59   3.12.14

That most likely means BTOR have accepted and identified a fault location and have set a resolution target.
Glad that this is now moving for you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The case is in hand with our supplier. As I said in your ticket, the estimate is the 3rd December, but this is just that, an estimate. I will continue to check until the matter is resolved for you.
The call divert service itself would normally be chargeable, but as there is a fault on the line, we offer it at no cost. We don't however, offer to pay for the cost of the re-direction of the calls themselves.
As I said, if you could supply as much information as possible, I will do all I can to raise the matter as a welfare case. Unfortunately, the information I've seen so far isn't enough to have the fault accepted in this way. Bearing in mind the estimate is so close, a welfare case may not speed matters up either.
I hope this helps to explain it for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: HPsauce
If that's important you need to research suppliers - what did the previous one offer? (To be fair, you haven't said you registered with them....)

Suggesting backup is always a good idea but the above is hardly a helpful response at this point considering (my bold) -
Quote from: Anotherone
But on the point of the importance of the phone line, it may be worth you talking to Customer Options to see if you can get a better SLA for the phone, but it will probably cost.. I'm not sure if they'll do it,  I don't think any of the basic providers do anyway.
IIRC we are on the lowest Level 1 Clear by 23.59 day after next, Monday to Friday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays..
Level 2 is Clear by 23.59 next day, Monday to Saturday, excluding Public and Bank Holidays
Level 3 is Report by 13.00, clear by 23.59 same day. Report after 13.00 clear by 12.59 next day, seven days a week, including Public and Bank Holiday.
Level 4 Clear within 6 hours, any time of day, any day of the year.
Level4 is only usually offered to those registered disabled with their LA by those providers that offer it.

Also
Quote from: plusnettony
Sometimes we can raise welfare cases for customers, but you haven’t given me any details which suggest that the case would be accepted. If you’d like to provide details on the ticket (95375878) I can assess this for you.

and Tony's last reply, especially when you consider that moving the phone to another supplier will see an increase in the Broadband subscription of £2.50pm on the assumption the phone supply isn't tied to the Broadband contract anyway, and as you ought to be aware when faults arise, things can get a lot more complicated when you have a different supplier for phone and broadband.
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Here's the thing I've lived here for 8 years never a problem with my phone line. I move to plus net to get a better deal with fibre and I've hAd no end of problems. Will never contract with them again and will never recommend and that's all I've got to say. And plus net your communications with myself  should not be printed in this forum, it's a bloody disgrace. They are individual communications and I will look into data protection laws on that
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: plusnettony
We don't however, offer to pay for the cost of the re-direction of the calls themselves.
Tony

Am i right to assume PN will on a case by case basis ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

I think they do Mike, and if this is anything more than a simple fault, I'm sure they will do something.
@kitkatsox
Whilst I understand your concern and worry about your phone, it has been pointed out that it's not Plusnet's fault your line has developed a problem.
You post here in a Public Forum about your problem and Plusnet have responded, further more I see nothing of a personal nature in those responses.
Those responses are typical of the sort of responses made to enquires, complaints and calls for help on this (and many other providers') forums. People are trying to help and all you do is be aggressive to them.
kitkatsox
Dabbler

If your directing that to me mike probably better to ask plus net what they generalise as a welfare case what information they require. Don't hold your breath on that one
kitkatsox
Dabbler

Another one really!!! Do you know all of the facts?. No you don't and plus net are communicating via my account and my email they do not need to put it out on a forum too.
Now as you know so much how do I block you?