petecov44
Grafter

ASSIA court case forces Openreach to turn off DLM

68 REPLIES 68
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: ASSIA court case forces Openreach to turn off DLM

Don't think Openreach will do this straight away. It's right inside at the cabinet DLM. Will takes a long time to switch off. I am glad that the court was in favour to turn off nasty DLM. Wink
Can plusnet staff confirmed if it will do the same on Plusnet FTTC DLM to be switched off?
itsme
Grafter

Don't people read articles?
While ASSIA is keen to say that turning off the service will lead to a degradation of service, it is very much an unknown as to how many will be affected

SSIA has been notified that BT discontinued use of the NGA-DLM on Friday, 21 November.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Saw comments on TTB - peoples still complaints that FTTC DLM haven't switch off, some still on interleaved on, as it appear to have DLM stuck!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
Don't people read articles?
While ASSIA is keen to say that turning off the service will lead to a degradation of service, it is very much an unknown as to how many will be affected

SSIA has been notified that BT discontinued use of the NGA-DLM on Friday, 21 November.

As I am about to leave FTTC I personally couldn't give a crap Smiley
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
Can plusnet staff confirmed if it will do the same on Plusnet FTTC DLM to be switched off?

They don't need to BT DLM is BT DLM it has been turned off for every provider as they all use the network.
No more 10mbps drops in 4 seconds and 3 months to recover. my old (and first) FTTC line was fine until DLM screwed it up.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Let hope that  ASSIA next step will telling Openreach to get rid of BRAS IP Profile next!
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ok so if BT have been told to turn off DLM and they say they have can we now get a reset to wipe the profile they have applied ?  if DLM is no longer in charge it wont make any adjustments and such stuck with what ever it chose to do before being switched off , this is not right can DCT comment on this  
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

^^ I think BT don't care can't be bothered to reset the DLM. As long ISP's can complaint to ASSIA if openreach refused reset DLM.
See here: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/So-is-this-the-end-of-DLM-Are-we-all-stuck-...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There's nothing more for us to add at the moment that hasn't been mentioned in the news stories. If we have any more information we'll pass it on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Sad look likely DLM still on! Knowing BT will keep it quiet and will not telling isp's any information. We left in the dark again.
x47c
Grafter

I think @Terranova is correct - the lines will continue at their current settings now that the line modifying system has been switched off.
Maybe ASSIA will suddenly have a rapid change of attitude now that their system has been dumped and BT has told them to go forth and multiply.
Their comment about how users will be adversely affected sound like they really did expect BT to pay up and are now worried.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

My Plusnet profile has been 78Mb since Thursday 20th yet my BTW profile is 46Mb with interleaving on and DLM has done nothing to adjust either of them so it could well be that DLM is off and I have a stuck profile at the BTW end which of course wont change if DLM is no longer there to do it, therefore we should be intitled to a line reset, but as you say goldenfibre BT will do all it can to not do anything and try and push it under the rug Plusnet should be pushing to get resets for those that need it.  
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

The only way to get line reset is request to plusnet to get engineer to reset DLM. But, in most case, I think it unlikely that BT will refused it.
chrcoluk
Grafter

DLM is off now since 21 November, good news Smiley
Of course its only a matter of time until either BT do a deal with this company or make a new DLM.
DLM off doesnt mean everyone goes back to fast path, DLM isnt needed to enable interleaving, DLM is just the automated part, what it will mean now is those who are banded or interleaved will stay like that indefenitly until intervention or a new DLM.