cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet gone down

DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Internet gone down

I assume they mean increasing the speed caps on the line.
I can see the engineer was able to increase the sync so I've upped the cap on your account but there's still a cap on the BT line. I've reset this but it failed as there is already one going through, I assume the engineer had requested this when he was there (he should have anyway).
I'll reset the line another way which might take a few hours but I'll keep you updated.
hocumgday
Grafter

Still nothing, no  "internet" light on the modem/router. The broadband light is flashing green but the internet light is blank (not even red).
Any news yet as I would really like this sorted today.
Cheers
hocumgday
Grafter

"Keep you up to date" it's now been 4 hours!
hocumgday
Grafter

Hi can somebody please look into the reason why I am getting constant disconnects on my broadband connection. This is an exact replay of what happens before I am throttled down to zero and can't connect. Plusnet have sent an engineer out the last time this happened and he said it is nothing to do with my end and to contact you... Please can someone sort this out once and for all as it is incredibly frustrating.
LukeS
Grafter

Hi hocumgday,
I've checked the line and no fault has been found. However, I can see many disconnections and the SNRM has shot right up. Have you checked the phone line to see if there is any noise?
I'm not saying it's definitely the case but it's looking like an issue within your property/internal wiring. Ideally, we need to test the line again when you have everything removed from the sockets.
hocumgday
Grafter

we had an engineers out from you a few weeks back and they keep
saying the problem is your end...
LukeS
Grafter

I understand that's what they said. However, there is nothing on our end that can cause disconnections of this nature. The problem is either with your equipment or on the Openreach network. It would be great if you have a look at the link below and complete the checks, if you're still experiencing a problem then please raise a fault via the broadband troubleshooter.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/adsl-connection-troubleshooting.shtml
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
Do any of them connect wired or are they all wireless

I've just gone through all three pages and can't see an answer to this question.
Are you seeing drops when using a wired connection to the router?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
theukbeast

i have been getting exactly the same problems as you 
hocumgday
Grafter

I have been through the 'checks' what feels like a hundred times...I am now on test socket awaiting some sort of reply from plusnet, it seems to be fine after the last problems I had but it has gone back to the same problem with exactly the same pattern...i don't use a wired connection as we all use iPads or mobile phones bit I could try purchasing a laptop just so I can test a wired connection but I'm afraid I can't afford it!
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

deleted after re-reading thread Embarrassed
@ jelv-Can't be wireless probs. if PN are seeing disconnections.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It can if every time he has a wireless problem he reboots the router! That could cause the DLM to push the target noise margin up.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: theukbeast
i have been getting exactly the same problems as you 

Welcome to the forums.
Can you please start your own thread, containing the information requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum.
Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hocumgday
Grafter

My router has stayed powered up at all times, I do understand that powering off the router too often can cause problems so I usually restart/reboot from my iPad.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It is not a matter of not powering down, it is a matter of dropping the xDSL session.
A restart in the manner you describe is in effect a warm restart, which will drop xDSL just the same as powering the router off.

Can you please gather and post the information requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.