cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How not to treat a new customer

sclarke35

How not to treat a new customer

You've won how many awards for customer service? They have to be industry awards that you sponsor or spend a lot of money at!!
The facts are:
New signed up customer
Letter received confirming order over 2 weeks ago
Nothing
Call to Contact Centre today @11.10am
16 mins in Q (remember new customer experience)
Martin answers and tells me my order is corrupt in the system and nothing has been done with it!!!
Asked why I had not been notified - Martin said that they would not be aware, it just sits in the system!!!
Asked to speak to his manager told that his team leader is busy on other escalation calls (no kidding) and will call me back within 2 hours
Asked to be escalated to his manager Ross [mremoved] told no he's not in yet and that I would have to be escalated by the team leader in order to speak to god known as Ross
Asked for head office number to escalate to senior decision makers in plusnet, told they don't have the number for Head office (Really they don't have a number for head office)!!
Asked if I still wanted to speak to his team leader, advised him to log it.
Advised Martin that I was in a 14 day cooling down period with BT (Associated company) and that now I was outside of it and that I did not want to be liable for charges from them
Asked if I wanted to Cancel!!
Marketing how much does it cost you to recruit a new customer?
Finally asked how I can contact someone outside of this shambles of a 'Yorkshire' call centre and told 'you can't!!
I guess that concludes this lesson in Great customer service and maybe another award for PlusNet!!!            
jim:csa

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How not to treat a new customer

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've mentioned here.
I'll do my best to address the issue in hand with your order and everything else you've posted about.
I apologise that this wasn't broached clearly with you but the order should have been submitted on Monday following the activation of your direct debit. It's our fault that this was delayed by 4 days until today. I will be following this up to see if we're already aware of this issue and will be reporting it if not.
Apologies for the wait too, we're doing what we can to reduce that. Regarding the specific call you mentioned I will be checking to see if it's been recorded with a view to seeing if any feedback needs to be passed on.
With regards to the manager escalation we can't promise these from a particular manager I'm afraid but I can see Martin followed the right process and raised a ticket with his manager (reference 90105593) that should be picked up and acted on soon.
Asked for head office number to escalate to senior decision makers in plusnet, told they don't have the number for Head office (Really they don't have a number for head office)!!

Finally asked how I can contact someone outside of this shambles of a 'Yorkshire' call centre and told 'you can't!

We operate across two sites in Sheffield and Leeds. I'd like to reassure you that part of my role and other staff that reply to posts on the forums is to take any issues or feedback that needs to be passed back into the business is done so, as I've mentioned I will be doing that.
I realise the damage is done with the delay on your order now so we need to look at what else we can do for you so I'd like to offer a refund of one months broadband service (that you've already paid in advance) as a good will gesture.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
morvi123

I moved house - just on floor in the same building  
they told me (and put it in the order  that I will keep my phone number
in 2 week they changed 3 times my phone number - let me diconnetcted - not phone at all and took them a month to sort the situation. obviously with a different phone number.
Never seen such an unprofessional team
sclarke35

Hi Adam
After speaking to Jordan (team leader) who was I have to say very good but then having read all the negative comments about Plusnet for these poor people locked into a contract with you on this forum I've cancelled within my 14 day cooling off period and to be honest I think I've had a lucky escape.
You've wasted my time and I will never return to your organisation until your management changes and introduces people that are better connected with your marketing team and that truly understand what customer service and the customer experience instead of fooling themselves that they are good at it!!
Maybe have a customer survey aimed at the people registered on this forum might be a start as it would give you a whole list of areas that need urgent review and get you contact centre managers out of their office and answering the phones!!
Good luck for the future it could be a bumpy ride!!
Steve       
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Adam, in your post you mention your two call centres in Sheffield and Leeds. Are both centres now fully operational?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yes but the Leeds one is only operating during the day - the actual times were posted somewhere else but I can't remember them
sclarke35

Angry Which means both were operational when I rang and yet the IVR message advises callers they can expect a 15 min wait absolutely superb customer service!!!
Pauliebennett

Sorry to hear this but I am also in the same boat! Heard nothing for 2 weeks checked online and nothing has been done as apparently the automated system has failed and not registered. Hoping I won't have to wait a total of 5 weeks for broadband. I can't believe that plusnet still haven't placed my order as they didn't know what phone package I wanted! Surely line only should be default in this situation as I believe changing a phone package is pretty much automatic!
Completely agree  with you no way to treat new customers!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pauliebennett,
I'm very sorry to see that your orders have not progressed. It seems a system issue has resulted in your account not being created properly (missing the phone component), hence why my colleague has asked for you to confirm which phone package you signed up for on Ticket: 89949892.
Now that you've confirmed I've been able to place the order to get your phone line re-started which should complete in the next 24 working hours. Once the phone line is activated we can then proceed with your broadband order which will take a further 5-7 working days to complete.