cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting..when will it happen??!

adesouth

Waiting..when will it happen??!

So we ordered PN fibre on March 27th.
We asked for 3 morning potential install dates on Wed, Mon and Thurs. We got Thursday 17th. Afternoon.
Anyway, the BT Openreach guy turned up on time and ran a cable and fixed a new socket to a wall.
He went off to the green box. But apparantly it was the wrong one. He found the right one, but as it was now 3.30pm the engineer at the exchange wanted to go home.
So he left the new modem and router and various cables for us to install when the exchange and green box were to be connected.
A new appointment was booked for Monday 28th April from 8am till 1. Just before 1pm I called PN to see what was happening. No one had called/turned up. "To be looked into"
Another new appointment was booked for 1st May, again 8 till 1pm.
At 10am PN called to say BT had cancelled the order. In error. I'd now have to wait another 24 hours before it was cleared off the system and a new order placed that would be expedited.
So the latest appointment is due now. Today. 12th May between 1pm and 6pm. It's 3pm and waiting..
What will happen? Will we get any service that we paid £82 for over 6 weeks ago?
Our patience is running on empty and I will not hold back when I call PN at 6pm with still no connection.
CQI0078344 , 21/05/14, OR0000003530025 , order needs linking to OR0000003437284
Question 84430163
11 REPLIES 11
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Waiting..when will it happen??!

Hi adesouth,
I'm very sorry to hear of the delays you've encountered since signing up for your services.
I've just had a word with our suppliers to ensure that an engineer is coming out to install the phone line today and they have confirmed that the engineer is on their way to you. Our Provisioning team are monitoring this on your account on Ticket: 84430163 and they will pick this back up following the engineers visit to progress the Fibre order.
Please check on the Ticket for further updates.
adesouth

A guy from Kelly did turn up on 12th May to install our phone line.
I showed him our phone line that's been installed for many years.
He said what a waste of my and his time.
He showed me his work order to install a copper phone cable. He wasn't a fibre enabled engineer so after 5 minutes checking to see the phone line was real, he left.
Still no fibre Cry
adesouth

And so we arrive at our 5th engineer appointment today to install fibre. Almost 2 months since we ordered and paid for it.
Just 2 and half hours left, can we get it?Huh
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adesouth,
I've checked this for you and can see that the appointment is booked for today between 8AM and 1PM. If the engineer hasn't turned up by 1PM please get back in touch and I can get this chased up for you.
Fingers crossed they turn up in the next 2 hours!
adesouth

Nice guy from BT Openreach came and did his stuff and went off to the green box.
Came back with bad news.
Our order was placed by PN for us to be connected with cabinet 20, somewhere on Crouch Hill, N8
But our line is actually connected to cabinet 18 outside 33 Mount View Road, N4
Now the first guy on 17th April told us this already, but this information has not been passed on. Angry
He recommends the order be cancelled (again) and a new one placed with BTOR for our fibre connection to cabinet 18.
Almost 5 weeks since first attempt, and still waiting...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

This is back with our Provisioning Team. We'll be back in touch with you as soon as we can.
Really sorry for the inconvenience and issues this is causing you.
adesouth

And so we're at home waiting for the 6th engineer visit to get our fibre up and running!!
Will the next 2 hours bring us the result we've waited over 2 months for?Huh
Engineer appointment was booked for 5th June 8am to 1pm. It's just gone 11am and time's a ticking..
Another lost day of work:(
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your time on the phone today, adesouth.
As discussed I have contacted our suppliers and they have confirmed that an engineer has been assigned to your order to attend today. If they haven't attended by 1pm please update this thread or send me a PM on here and I'll get that chased up for you.
I have also raised the fault on your phone line to our suppliers and this is outlined on Ticket: 86647879
adesouth

OMG!!
We're up and running  Cheesy
Engineer came around midday, spent most of the time at the correct green box, came back for more tests and plugged us in and green lights a go-go!
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3544838478
Won't be cancelling our existing supply with AOL/talktalk until we get nearer the 68Mbps we were quoted..
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news!
Looks like the phone fault is due to be fixed by Monday at midnight so hopefully we should see speeds come up if this is impacting the service.
Please let us know how you get on with this  Smiley
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: adesouth
OMG!!
We're up and running  Cheesy
Engineer came around midday, spent most of the time at the correct green box, came back for more tests and plugged us in and green lights a go-go!
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3544838478
Won't be cancelling our existing supply with AOL/talktalk until we get nearer the 68Mbps we were quoted..

It would be funny if you were my neighbour who had a Quinn engineer from about 11:30 onwards LOL
In any case id kill for that ping. I get 14ms minimum (but that;s still awesome)