Did you mean: 

Counter Strike Global Offensive Issues

JohnDalton
Grafter

Re: Counter Strike Global Offensive Issues

Did anyone at Plusnet find a fix?
Leepers

I'm also getting this issue. Would love it if PlusNet were able to provide me with a decent router... I can't play more than one or maybe two competitive games without it crapping out on me, and I'm sure connection issues I'm getting in other games are attributable to this thing too...
LD

Just chiming in, I'm also getting exactly this issue with CS:GO using the TG582N router.
Any chance there's a fix from Plusnet? If not, am I able to use a different (not terrible) router?
The BT engineer that set up the infinity modem said that Plusnet do something strange with the router doing its own set up with the modem, does this mean I am stuck with this router?
As a side note, this is not the only issue with this router, the wireless strength is the worst I've ever seen and if you pop on Amazon you'll see loads of people slating it, giving it an average rating of 2.5 stars.
ghos7em1
Grafter

any cable router will work m8
JohnDalton
Grafter

Quote from: Leepers
I'm also getting this issue. Would love it if PlusNet were able to provide me with a decent router... I can't play more than one or maybe two competitive games without it crapping out on me, and I'm sure connection issues I'm getting in other games are attributable to this thing too...

Glad I'm not the only one, maybe Plusnet might rush to fix this soon... No point ringing the customer support, they'd just tell you what you already know.
JTaylor
Grafter

Hey guys
Sorry to hear of this issue you're facing.
Just out of interest, as you're all using the TG582, has anyone managed to test another router?
JohnDalton
Grafter

I have no other router since this is my first broadband package sadly.
celsoazevedo
Grafter

My router is a Asus RT-N66U and sometimes I have the same problem. Sometimes when this happens I use a vpn, but it doesn't always work.
Unless plusnet is blocking something, the problem is on Valve/CSGO side. Sometimes they have servers offline and Steam was problems every week. Usefull link to see if everything is working well: http://steamstat.us/
Because CSGO servers are very, very bad (lag, 64tick, cheaters, etc), the best solution is to use "community servers" or a service like ESEA if you want to play with a team.
JohnDalton
Grafter

It's not Valve's end trust me. This has been happening since I been playing, it's only me that gets this issue. All my other friends are fine. I've even had trouble connecting to Face It servers and had to reboot a router in the warmup.
ghos7em1
Grafter

do all of you use gamemode? every time i game i have problems with that enabled,slow search strange lag.and when i tried to disable it i get error code.something is not right with gamemode option.if you telnet into router with gamemode enabled the xbox and playstation ports dont show up
JohnDalton
Grafter

Mine disabled fine, i'll see how it goes!
JohnDalton
Grafter

Played two days, seems to be working so far? Everyone who has issues try disable Gaming Mode Smiley
ghos7em1
Grafter

@johndalton  great news m8 turning off gamemode and upnp extended security seems to fix alot of gaming problems Smiley
JohnDalton
Grafter

Can confirm, this has fully fixed my problem. Any other CS:GO player with issues should do this. Gaming Mode shouldn't  break stuff, but help it...
Mathias
Grafter

Just shows how poor this router is, if you have to disable features that from the descriptions lead you believe that they are meant to help!