cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During the day 0.3mb at best 2mb!!!

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

During the day 0.3mb at best 2mb!!!

Although I'm still deciding on a new ISP, can someone please explain why my broadband problems have gone from bad to worse? As bad as it is I cant receive 8mb which i should be getting I instead get 5mb. now for the last 6months it is 2-3mb. Now I have im at the all time low of 0.3mb through out with 2mb at rare moments. I'm a paying liyal customer who has been through this terrible service for ages with only the price keeping me here. Please can PlusNet supply me with a new router?
Please take a look at the screenshot below, how is this acceptable? I remember doing this same test a while back telling my max achievable is 7mb? How has it become so low?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: During the day 0.3mb at best 2mb!!!

If you post your router stats - noise margin, speeds and attenuation -  we may have an idea
Were those results wired or wireless
I see that back in January you had fairly good stats
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:  1,204 / 6,216
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:  1,195 / 6,008
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]:  3.16 / 45.64
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:  12.5 / 20.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:  21.0 / 36.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:  6.0 / 9.5
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Here are the stats. Even after raising a ticket I received no help from PlusNet except useless instructions. What do i as a paying customer need to do to get a service i pay for running in a satisfactory manner? I have cooperated with them by giving them as much information and time to get this fixed for over 7months now. The amount of patience ive given its becoming a joke now. Can PlusNet supply me with a new router as thats the only thing I havent checked
Uptime: 0 days, 1:33:05
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,144 / 2,436
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,087 / 1,496
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 92.02 / 202.20
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 18.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 36.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.0 / 17.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 327,678 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 393,338 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 1,440 / 9,406
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 3,746 / 946
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

After checking my speeds regularly for the past week It seems now 70% of the time my speeds are below 1mb please can i get some help asap!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just been looking into this and I'm wondering if anything has been done or looked into regarding what was mentioned on ticket 80470624 on 12/2 and 13/2?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

No help was actually given from the ticket i raised. It was quite poor from plusnet. Not happy at all! Still no help even now!
leader
Grafter

Quote from: ashrafmiah93

Uptime: 0 days, 1:33:05
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A  <--------------------------------   First issue ADSL2  ( ie not ADSL2+ )
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 36.0 <--------------- Should be looking 10Meg upwards

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.0 / 17.0           <----------------- Looks A capped or Banded profile with such a high figure /color]

Ask for a SNR reset and banding removed.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Webif, how do I go about doing that? Where do I ask? Thanks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi ashrafmiah93,
From looking at your line, I don't really think doing SNR Reset's on your line is going to fully resolve the problem.
Here's your SNR Profile: WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 12dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream
Interleaving is not switched on. Your line is not banded. Your SNR Target is 12db, having this lowered would certainly improve your Sync Rate but I don't think it would bring your speeds back up to where they should be if I'm honest.
I've no worries about the upstream at all. In my opinion, we need to have the Faults Team look over the line for you. You can do this at http://faults.plus.net once done, can you let me know?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I clicked on the link and went through the instructions up until where it asked me to write down when id be available for an engineer visit as i didnt perform a different router check (to see if mine was faulty) I then went back to my account link to hopefully cancel what i was doing and not submit an engineer visit just yet because I wanted to know the engineer charge amount first. Was i too late and an engineer was booked since i submitted what time im available? Or did i need to fully finish the instructions? If it has been booked can I have the visit canceled, because Id like to know the charge first.

Here are the charges for different scenarios which applies to me?:
"10.1 No charges normally arise with the standard fault repair service. However, Plusnet will make a charge for new and replaced items. If The Customer requests work to repair a fault on items that Plusnet are responsible for maintaining and Plusnet or our suppliers are not able to find a fault, Plusnet will charge The Customer for the visit.
10.2 The standard requests for an engineer to visit to perform work, for example moving a socket, is £144 for the first hour and then £72 for each additional hour.
10.3 Where we arrange for an engineer to visit The Customer's premises for activation of the service, or for resolution of a fault, The Customer will be responsible for any costs incurred owing to any of the following:
an engineer attends an incorrect address as provided by The Customer;
the site for installation does not meet the minimum requirements as agreed during the product registration;
an engineer arrives to carry out the installation at the address provided by The Customer, but you no longer want the installation completed;
entry is refused to the premises, or access cannot be gained, at the appointed time, as agreed between Plusnet and The Customer;
The Customer reports a fault, an engineer attends The Customer premises, and discovers the fault is not the result of the service;
The Customer reported problem, following request for an engineering visit, cannot be confirmed; and
when The Customer cancels a request for an engineering visit later than 48 hours before the scheduled visit.
10.4 If The Customer reports a fault and Plusnet finds there is none, Plusnet may apply a charge of £115 (plus any additional charges that we incur due to any additional time the engineer has to spend on site or equipment he has had to fit over what they would normally fit."
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ashrafmiah93,
You don't currently have a Fault Ticket open. I just want to reassure you that we wouldn't book an engineer for you straight away, our Faults Team do our own checks on your line before getting to that point. Our Faults Team running checks on your line doesn't cost you a penny at all - so raising the ticket is nothing to be worried about.
The idea behind us running checks first is so that we can get a good idea of the fault location and to discuss this further with you before committing to an engineers visit, if it's required. we wouldn't put you in a situation you aren't happy with or feel that the right thing isn't being done.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Thank you for that reassurance! If an engineer does visit what is the likely charge? As i see one woth £144 with an additional £72 per hour there after. Then there is another with £115 with additional charges that may apply. It would be helpful to know how much i may need to dish out before having an engineer to visit.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If we sent an engineer out, with your agreement we would potentially charge you £60. The fee that we charge as at our discretion in that respect as long as we state at the time of booking the engineer what the potential charge is, which we always should be doing.
The idea of us going through all the Own Domain Checks such as Test Socket and swapping the Microfilter and for us calling you to discuss this is to try and avoid any needless engineer visits or chargeable visits for the End User Smiley