cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview Extra TV Channels from Plusnet appeared on my TV Guide

philhguk
Dabbler

Youview Extra TV Channels from Plusnet appeared on my TV Guide

A list of extra channels has appeared on my YouView TV guide such as Nat Geo, Syfy, History Channel etc, when I try to view then it asks me to contact Plusnet which I did and they said the only extra channels they are doing are BT Sport and they know nothing about these channels.
Well I assume someone knows something as it has the plusnet phone number on it so why are these channels listed and when can we get them ?
I have attached a couple of screen shots below:

14 REPLIES 14
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Youview Extra TV Channels from Plusnet appeared on my TV Guide

The chances are this is linked to the trial they are performing for some selected customers at the moment. They may have enabled the channels for another customer on your exchange / cabinet but that is just pure speculation.
Are you on FTTC or ADSL ?
philhguk
Dabbler

I am on Fibre
picbits
Rising Star

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It will be a poorly-implemented update to Youview software.
I'm not on fibre so my Youview box doesn't find any internet channels, though it will happily look for them.
I guess it "sees" the channels exist AND it knows you're on a PlusNet connection so produces a standard message, but isn't clever enough (yet?) to restrict what you can access depending on what your ISP offers.
I don't know what granularity these are broadcast at, but I'd guess it's "all or nothing" at exchange or cabinet level and BT and PN are all lumped together so just one of either will trigger it.
philhguk
Dabbler

I hope they make the service available soon.
I left sky about a year ago as they were too expensive and went to youview, most of the channels listed as from plusnet are the ones I miss from sky so it would be nice to get them back and hopefully at a reasonable price.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: philhguk
A list of extra channels has appeared on my YouView TV guide such as Nat Geo, Syfy, History Channel etc, when I try to view then it asks me to contact Plusnet which I did and they said the only extra channels they are doing are BT Sport and they know nothing about these channels.

The channels are multicast content that's being offered to customers who are taking part in the current TV trials. The error will probably be due to the fact that your RADIUS subscription at our side does not support delivery of the channels. The presence of the channels is probably as HPsauce has alluded to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

philhguk
Dabbler

Quote from: Bob

The channels are multicast content that's being offered to customers who are taking part in the current TV trials. The error will probably be due to the fact that your RADIUS subscription at our side does not support delivery of the channels. The presence of the channels is probably as HPsauce has alluded to.

Right well the sooner you get these channels available to everyone the better  Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well since the trial is just starting (box's being sent out this month apparently from comments on here) I wouldn't hold your breath for it to be released "soon".
fistsbs
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have the extra channels today on my youview box but get error BTV_4024
gedrulz

I also have the channels. It's a shame plusnet won't open the trial to customers who already have youview boxes. Mine is actually from the original youview trial and I'm also a qualified software tester...
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Did you (or the OP) apply to join the trial when it was advertised?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

The OP didn't..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gedrulz

Nope. Wasn't even aware of it until they appeared on my box.
leonlewis
Dabbler

As you may be aware Plusnet is currently running a TV trial which includes the testing of delivering extra TV channels to Unlimited Fibre customers.  Unfortunately a change on our TV platform has caused channels to appear in the TV Guide of non trialists.  Our engineers are looking to revert the change as soon as possible and these channels should automatically disappear from your TV Guide within the next few days.