cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Internet speed is appalling!

MW45
Grafter

My Internet speed is appalling!

My Internet speed is appalling! It as been for the last week or so get in less than 20 Meg when I know my line will take up to 80 and I was previously getting 62 hardwired and 35 to 40 wireless, please can you check this is not the first time I have contacted you about this problem!!! i'm paying for fibre may as well have normal broadband
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: My Internet speed is appalling!

as a quick check as to where the problem may be can you run the BT speed test - further diagnostics and advise the current line speed from https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi MW45,
I've just performed some diagnostic checks and can't see any obvious causes for the problem you've been having.
I'd advise heading to http://faults.plus.net ASAP and get that reported.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MW45
Grafter

Cheap fast reliable broadband ...lmfao....My Internet connection keeps dropping recently! Also the speeds are going slow now and again, this is about the 10th time I have contacted you about the problem, never had this problem with five years with sky, only contacted them once! If this doesn't get sorted when my contract is up I'll be moving.
PS: before you say you've checked my line and everything's okay obviously it's not if I'm contacting you again!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi,
Are you looking for help or have you come here just to rant?  This is not the best of opening posts to elicit help from other customers who give their time for free to help others.
Can you please post the information requested in the speed issues thread at the top of this forum, then let's see what can be done to help you.  You might notice on the thread you sought to hijack that the right information yields results.
Edit: did you follow the advice / request given here as there has been no response from you until this and the hijacking of two other threads.  Please raise a fault report as requested by DCT - or confirm that this was done and what was the outcome.
Edit 2: Jim has removed the aggression from the original post's title / merged two threads into one, which makes the context a little bit clearer..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim)
Threads merged with the original complaint
Please keep discussion of your problem here