cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

englishrick
Grafter

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

This time round Dave it was just before new year, but I must admit that my ping has been gradually getting higher before then and I think I ComPlained about that before
englishrick
Grafter

And good on you Matt getting month free I've been offered NOTHING
GeoJ
Dabbler

@Chris
I first noticed a problem with my Alsager ADSL2+ performance sometime around late November / early December last year. Since then it's been getting worse as each week goes by.
My daytime download is consistently 13 Mbps, yesterday my evening download was 0.68 Mbps (TBB test), that's a 95% drop. The BT test says "please raise a fault with your service provider,..., poor service throughput performance after the third test."
It would help if we had a forecast fix date for this. It's been over a week since BT admitted there is a capacity problem.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Latest updates:
Furness Area - fix is due Friday (31st) morning.
Alsager/Kidsgrove - congestion issue is caused by capacity at the exchange, new capacity is on order but no ETA as yet.
Added to the list - Lower Holloway, no ETA yet.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Dave, Will you be contacting those affected to give details of the compensation to be given to those suffering sub-standard service?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
englishrick
Grafter

Compensation what's that ????? Cheesy Grin Cheesy and why is there no ETA to the repair...I would like my subscription reduced to the unlimited broadband and calls price £2.50 until my connection is fixed as i'm getting less speed than even that during peak.!!!
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule] and excessive emoticons removed.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

jelv, I'm going to have a look at it. There's a few things I need to look first at such as who do we contact, it's easy to list (apologies if I miss anyone) englishrick, GeoJ and mattprince, I'll also want to check our fault reports to see who's raised a fault but not posted here and then see if I can identify people affected who may just be sat at home thinking it's rubbish. Leave it with me, I'll look over the next week.
As for the ETA, just had another update through, they are estimating mid February.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
mattprince
Grafter

I agree with englishrick, we should be refunded all since this started minus the cheapest package you offer as our broadband has been terrible at peak times.
dick:quote
englishrick
Grafter

Well at least another 3 weeks then till it is maybe fixed......fuck me this is a joke !!! especially as I just had my bill for this month lmfao.....may as well of just thrown the cash down the toilet and used my dongle...
tonycollinet
Grafter

Dave, you can add me to the list. I'm on the alsager exchange, and have posted earlier in this thread.

Currently trying to transfer a website with 4000+ files, and filezilla is stalling for 10's of seconds every 2 or 3 files. It took two hours last night, and has been  going for 1.5 hours so far tonight, just on the download. Have to upload it next.
sharktech
Dabbler

Add me as we'll on the Kidsgrove exchange, although mine is slightly different my speeds from after midnight till 15:00ish stay around 40-45mb down after 16:00 it just keeps dropping lowest I have seen is 3mb down.
I'm on the unlimited pkg same as the rest.
Cheers
ColinBe
Dabbler

Add me to the list please, I'm on the Kidsgrove exchange...
It's painfully slow loading webpages as a result of sporadic packet loss.
This particular line is normally capable of 74Mbps down / 19mbps up.
Latest result from speedtest.net (similar results on the BT speedtest):

It's painfully slow, oh, and I've just been billed at full whack, for a degraded service - thanks ever so much.
Not happy...!  Angry
englishrick
Grafter

Well good to see everyone coming out of the woodwork now....
sharktech
Dabbler

This is this just. ill post a couple more throughout the day to show the decline lol
8:50

10:50

14:49

16:14

ColinBe - how far from the exchange are you, im on the newchapel estate
Cheers
englishrick
Grafter

Some big spikes @ around 2pm and 3.30pm... I was at work...