Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Have PlusNet considered teaming up with Fon like BT do

And another
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I would certainly use it if it became available, although a number of places I frequent nowadays do free WiFi.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

+1 ... because:
I would probably use it, if available, but it's not a "must have" and would it mean using a "Plusnet" router or purchasing a Fonera (to share your connexion) to get access? If the latter, what's the benefit over getting a Fonera Simpl (or it's "not yet available" replacement)?
I have looked at the facility, but haven't found an App that doesn't require a BT login (though FON imply it can be done) and it's not usually available where I holiday abroad (the more likely usage area).
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've not looked into it enough to be able to advise on hardware I'm afraid.
ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Another vote here for Openzone access.  I currently have a La Fonera and find the Fon access so useful.
AMRN77

Debating whether to stay with PlusNet when contract ends..... Having wireless broadband when out and about is a reasonably significant market differentiator, and the lack of it is currently the only reason I would consider leaving PlusNet. 
MikeBz
Rising Star

BTWiFi access is the only reason I would consider BT as my broadband provider, I think it's a massive plus (no pun intended).  Fortunately my employer has BT Business Broadband which means I can use BTWiFi when out and about and still keep PlusNet as my home broadband provider, otherwise I would seriously consider being with BT for this feature only.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
itsme, Openzone was free with broadband accounts.  This gets my vote as I used Openzone quite a bit when it was offered.
Phil

I can never remember it being free, I know I had a PAYG account. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73456.msg581631.html#msg581631
We’re sending you this email because you are either paying for this service or have used or activated it at some point in the past. In 30 days time we will be closing the doors on our Wi-Fi service and you will no longer be able to use it.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey guys,
We had a look at what we needed for this last year via our router.  It's definitely something we'd like to do at some point, but its not immediately straight forward due to the spec of the 582.  We'll keep you posted on if we get a firmer plan though.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
clover2912

I'm game for some WiFi
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

With 4G becoming more available is 'Wi-Fi out and about' becoming less attractive?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Strat
is 'Wi-Fi out and about' becoming less attractive?

Not with those of us too tight to pay high mobile data charges.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
2u2me
Pro

A lot of folk on the BT forum complain of having BT Fon thrust on them, and having to share their B/B, others don`t mind,  horses for courses I guess  Lips_are_sealed
PeeGee
Pro

Quote from: Kelly
We had a look at what we needed for this last year via our router.  It's definitely something we'd like to do at some point, but its not immediately straight forward due to the spec of the 582.

Quote from: 2u2me
A lot of folk on the BT forum complain of having BT Fon thrust on them, and having to share their B/B, others don`t mind

From the above, it would seem that some arrangement allowing access akin to BT using a (discounted?) fonera linked to the Plusnet account would address both points Wink - and not "force" the use of an unwanted product/service Shocked
(the only advantage being the "discount" Roll_eyes )
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.