Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Space changes ...

paulcobb
Grafter

Re: CGI Space changes ...

Good thinking!
I'm back in now - don't actually remember changing password!
So next issue.
Looking at my forum config
and database credentials
$db_server = 'humbug'
what do i need to change now to be able to connect back to my database?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The database host information is the easy bit; that becomes sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu  Finding the new database username, password and database name requires some investigation. See the What about my MySQL login details? question in the Migration Hosting_FAQs.
Plusnet/Hostopia would normally have updated configuration files with the new information but it seems this application hasn't been done. Do you have other applications in the webspace which have been updated? You should be able to find the information you need in their configuration files.
David.
David
paulcobb
Grafter

On inspection of the settings file (a backup of which was made on the 28th Feb) - the current file is identical.
I have since tried to mod with no success.
I would welcome some PN input on ths matter
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I assume that means you only have the one application with MySQL connectivity in your ccgi webspace.
In this case, login to Control Panel and click on MySQL Manager.
That should display a list of database user names (left hand column) and associated databases (right hand column).
I expect there will be only one line in your list.
Click the user name and Login Settings should highlight at the bottom. You won't be able to login because you don't know the password. So you need to set a new one on the right hand side.Tick the "Yes I want to…" box and enter a password of your choice in the textbox and again to confirm it. Click Apply.
With that applied you now know the database user name (like ccgixxxxxx123456), password (you've just set this) and database name (probably account-username_pn_ccgi_account-username_plus_com) and server name for connecting to the database.
David
David
paulcobb
Grafter

Getting there slowly.
I do now have access back to database from website
Any idea what the absolute path to the webspace is now for ccgi?
I currently do not have a theme loaded for the forum path is incorrect I'm guessing
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes, if the forum uses the full path to the theme that will need changing.
The path to the webroot (/public) will be like
/services/webpages/util/c/c/ccgi.username.plus.com/public/

and you need to add the path from there to the forum and theme.
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: spraxyt
The database host information is the easy bit; that becomes sql5c51a.megasqlservers.eu

humbug.plus.net would have worked too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hominid

I'm very happy with the transition ever since I was transferred back in early February. I haven't noticed any difference in service. But today I have encountered something strange that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of or understand.
I thought that this transition would finally allow me to update my WordPress site to the current version since MySQL is now above the required version 5. But I'm still getting a message that WordPress thinks that the version of MySQL is 4.1.22 (this has improved from Dec 2013 when it was 4.1.11).
It's true that I've only installed myPHPadmin a few hours ago if that makes a difference. I do have an alert which may be unrelated but it reads:
Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.70 differs from your MySQL server version 5.5.28. This may cause unpredictable behaviour.
But this at least indicates that both databases are version 5 rather than version 4.
I've scanned back through this thread and seen mention of the old rumpus server. I thought that my site might be pointing at that still but I don't think so since it now looks like rumpus has been decommissioned. I also thought that my databases might still be version 4 as has been mentioned earlier in this thread but no, that doesn't seem like the answer either.
Any thoughts on why WordPress isn't reading the MySQL version number correctly?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Taking a look at this now for you. There might be some interruption to your site...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Right, should be sorted if you want to give it another go? Your scripts were pointing to an SQL4 instance (our fault). I've created a new database, re-imported your content and updated the wp-config files for your three wordpress installs. If there's anything else that talks to your database then you'll need to update the login credentials to match that of your wp-config files.
If you're happy with the outcome then I'd suggest you delete the older database users to save confusion further down the line. To do this, log into the Hosting Control Panel, open the SQL Manager and remove the two users associated with the 'razoola_pn_ccgi_razoola_plus_com' database using the red minus symbol to the right of each row. Do *not* delete the database user at the top because that's the one I've configured your sites to use.
Let me know if you need any of that clarifying.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

hominid

Thanks a million Bob. Logging back into WordPress I found the message gone and the update as simple as pressing the button. Another seamless transition.
bluewhale
Rising Star

my mysql db seems to have lost all it's tables and the data in them ( obviously )
was working just after the transfer but now seems to have been wiped
can someone from plusnet have a looksee?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Had a look earlier, let me know if you've any further problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bluewhale
Rising Star

fixed now, thanks bob
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer